Tiptop Audio FSU Timbral Distortion Effects Module - White Panel
Tiptop Audio FSU brings aggressive and destructive processing ranging from guitar pedal inspired distortion to granular processing to tape recorder-style sound-on-sound looping. Built on the same platform as ECHOZ, ZVERB and Z5000, ModFX has the same easy-to-use and compact UI with CV control over all three DSP parameters and FIDELITY control over the DSP clock.
Distortions in the DISTORT bank include ring modulation and frequency shifting for vintage analog mayhem. The GLITCH bank has time-based effects that abuse aspects of delay and pitch, pushing them to more experimental and extreme sounds. SOS (sound-on-sound) uses a short reel-to-reel-inspired 'tape loop' and adds a variety of digital processes like pitch shifting and granular playback to make it even more experimental.
- Module controls
- DISTORT, GLITCH, SOS buttons: select effects bank, 8 programs per bank
- DRIVE/DEPTH knob: set the the gain going into a distortion effect (drive) or the range of modulation or how far a delay tap or grain reads out of the buffer (depth)
- FILTER/FBACK knob: set cutoff frequency of a filter or the amount of feedback
- RATE/GAIN knob: set speed of modulation or similar parameter (rate) or final output level in the DISTORT bank or recording level in the SOS bank (gain)
- FIDELITY knob: control over DSP clock, effect varies per program
- IN knob: set input gain
- MIX knob: set mix between dry input signal and wet processed sound
- Patch points
- GAIN input: CV control over final output level in the DISTORT bank or recording level in the SOS bank
- FIDELITY input: CV control over FIDELITY parameter
- FILTER input: CV control cutoff frequency of a filter or the amount of feedback
- IN input: audio input
- L and R outputs: mono/stereo audio output
- Physical specifications
- Size: 8hp
- Module depth: 40mm
- Power usage: 100mA @ +12V, 20mA @ -12V
|Module Power Usage||100mA @ +12V
20mA @ -12V
Tiptop Audio Limited Warranty
Tiptop Audio offers the most extensive product warranty on the analog synthesizer market.
The warranty fully covers any defects or malfunction of their modules for one full year.