Tiptop Audio HATS808 Analog Hi-Hats Drum Module
Tiptop Audio HATS808 is the Roland TR-808’s real analog closed and open hi-hat circuits adapted for use in eurorack modular synthesizer format and tested to sound just like it did back in the 80s. Adapting to modular format has allowed for some special features for each voice, like independent accent levels, a high-powered gain stage and a dual-input pulse-shaper. Filter Q and VC-Q knobs were added to the main band pass filter for additional tuning and to allow you to generate crushed tones and self-oscillation at the knob’s max position — all without compromising the signature sounds of the TR-808 hi-hats.
HATS808's sizzling sound is made using six analog square wave oscillators mixed and processed by band pass filters. This multi-oscillator design is what gives the 808 hi-hat sounds their unique metallic character and makes each HATS808 sound slightly different from one another. The original 'choke' circuitry that makes it sound so dynamic and tight is fully implemented, just like the original, but can also be disabled if desired by disconnecting the internal connection between the two hats.
Just like the other drums in this series, HATS808's high-powered output gain stage allows you to further harmonize the sounds using distortion and clipping. On each input Tiptop has included a dual pulse-shaper circuit so you can trigger your HATS808 with trigger/gate signals from step sequencers, clock dividers or any other pulse/clock sources. This eliminates the need to shape pulses sent to the module and ensures the same stable sound at peak power, regardless of your pulse source. All these unique features make integrating this legendary sound generator into your modular synth easy, unleashing the power of real analog drums.
- Module controls
- LEVEL knobs: master output gain levels
- Q knob: resonance control for band pass filter
- DECAY knob: OH amp envelope decay stage time
- ACCENT knobs: accent level controls, affects loudness and attack levels
- Patch points
- VC-Q input: CV control over resonance of band pass filter
- BandPass OUT output: output from band pass filter
- ACCENT IN input: gate trigger inputs to trigger accents
- GATE IN inputs: gate trigger inputs to trigger open hi-hat and closed hi-hat sounds
- OH OUT and CH OUT outputs: audio outputs for open hi-had and closed hi-had sounds
- Physical specifications
- Size: 8hp
- Module depth: 36mm
- Power usage: 30mA @ +12V, 25mA @ -12V
|Included from Manufacturer|
|Module Power Usage||30mA @ +12V
25mA @ -12V
Tiptop Audio Limited Warranty
Tiptop Audio offers the most extensive product warranty on the analog synthesizer market.
The warranty fully covers any defects or malfunction of their modules for one full year.