Tiptop Audio MA808 Analog Maracas Drum Module
Tiptop Audio MA808 is the Roland TR-808's original analog maracas drum voice and a white noise generator in eurorack format. It's a low-cost module that brings back that classic sound, continuing to expand your Tiptop Audio modular drum machine.
MA808 is a must-have sound with its fluffy, harmonically rich presence that greatly enhances the dynamics of hi-hats sounds in the groove. The attack control knob can turn the sound from a sharp-edged hi-hat up to a slow rise exponential attack maracas sound; a dot on the scale indicates the original 808 set position. MA808 also provides the continuous analog white noise generator of the 808 machine, a full spectrum of harmonics ideal for use as a starting point for patching your own drum sounds or for general white noise applications.
MA808 is an exact reproduction of the original circuit and sounds like a fresh machine coming off the assembly line back in the 80s. Like all the other drums in this series, MA808 includes a hot modular level output gain stage. On the inputs, Tiptop Audio designed a dual-input pulse-shaper circuit so you can trigger MA808 with trigger/gate signals from step sequencers, clock dividers or any other pulse/clock sources. This eliminates the need to shape pulses sent to the module, ensuring the same stable sound at peak power regardless of your pulse source. These distinctive features make integrating this legendary sound generator into your modular synth easy, unleashing the power of real analog drums.
- Module controls
- LEVEL knob: master output gain level
- ATTACK knob: shortens or lengthens amp envelope attack time
- ACCENT knob: accent level control, affects loudness and attack levels
- Patch points
- W-NOISE output: raw output from white noise generator
- ACCENT IN input: gate trigger input to trigger accent
- GATE IN input: gate trigger input to trigger maracas sound
- MA OUT output: audio output
- Physical specifications
- Size: 4hp
- Module depth: 36mm
- Power usage: 16mA @ +12V, 14mA @ -12V
|Included from Manufacturer|
|Module Power Usage||16mA @ +12V
14mA @ -12V
Tiptop Audio Limited Warranty
Tiptop Audio offers the most extensive product warranty on the analog synthesizer market.
The warranty fully covers any defects or malfunction of their modules for one full year.
SHIPPING DELAYS ARE A WORLD WIDE EXPERIENCE
You may have seen the images of ships stacking up on the west coast, waiting for their turn to port. This combined with the increased demand for domestic shipping of products from all industries across our nation has resulted in a rapidly fluctuating climate for receiving and shipping products. While we do our best to offer accurate shipping estimates, please remember that complications can arise which may be beyond our control. Know that Kraft Music is here to assist in any way that we can.
- Ground shipping is FREE for all orders $99 and up.
- Our central, midwest location ensures fast delivery times.
- See below for transit day estimates. Please note, these are estimates and are not guaranteed.
Though forcasting shipping times has become increasingly difficult, general FedEx package estimated transit days are as follows:
- Upper Midwest: 1-3 days
- Central US, South East US, and East Coast: 2-4 days
- West Central US: 3-5 days
- West Coast: 4-6 days
- Alaska & Hawaii: 7+ days