Tiptop Audio RS808 Analog Rimshot and Claves Drum Module
Tiptop Audio RS808 is the Roland TR-808's analog rimshot and claves sound generator in eurorack format. It's a low-cost module that brings back that classic sound, but with even more variation and control, continuing to expand your Tiptop Audio modular drum machine.
RS808 comes with two switches that give a total of four different positions: two are the classic rimshot and claves sounds as found on the original, and two are unique to the RS808 module, adding a range of snappy 'click' sounds the circuit is capable of producing. Two control knobs were added; each have different a effect for the selected sound. In general, these controls can be categorized as Pitch and Snap as they control the frequency of the oscillator and decay of the envelope generator. RS808 is an exact reproduction of the original circuit which sounds like a fresh machine coming off the assembly line back in the 80s.
Compatible with all the other drums in this series, RS808 includes a hot modular level output gain stage capable of producing signals that can be easily distorted if desired. On the inputs, Tiptop Audio designed a dual-input pulse-shaper circuit so you can trigger RS808 with trigger/gate signals from step sequencers, clock dividers or any other pulse/clock sources. This eliminates the need to shape pulses sent to the module, ensuring the same stable sound at peak power regardless of your pulse source. These distinctive features make integrating this legendary sound generator into your modular synth easy, unleashing the power of real analog drums.
- Module controls
- LEVEL knob: master output gain level
- Pair of switches
- Both switches up: selects claves sound
- Both switches down: selects rimshot sound
- Left switch up, right switch down: selects nonlinear mix of claves and rimshot
- Left switch down, right switch up: selects short 'click' sound
- SNAP knob: controls height of internal envelope generator
- PITCH knob: controls frequency of sound
- ACCENT knob: accent level control, affects loudness and attack levels
- Patch points
- ACCENT IN input: gate trigger input to trigger accent
- GATE IN input: gate trigger input to trigger selected sound
- RS/CL OUT output: audio output
- Physical specifications
- Size: 4hp
- Module depth: 36mm
- Power usage: 14mA @ +12V, 13mA @ -12V
|Included from Manufacturer|
|Module Power Usage||14mA @ +12V
48mA @ -12V
Tiptop Audio Limited Warranty
Tiptop Audio offers the most extensive product warranty on the analog synthesizer market.
The warranty fully covers any defects or malfunction of their modules for one full year.
- Ground shipping is FREE for all orders $99 and up.
- Our central, midwest location ensures fast delivery times.
- See below for transit day estimates. Please note, these are estimates and are not guaranteed.
Generally, package estimated transit days are as follows:
- Upper Midwest: 1-3 days
- Central US, South East US, and East Coast: 2-4 days
- West Central US: 3-5 days
- West Coast: 4-6 days
- Alaska & Hawaii: 7+ days