Tiptop Audio RS909 Analog Rimshot Drum Module
Tiptop Audio RS909 is the Roland TR-909 rimshot analog sound generator in a eurorack module, adding yet another low-cost analog drum generator from a legendary drum machine to your modular synthesizer and expanding your Tiptop Audio modular drum machine even further.
Tiptop Audio used an exact reproduction of the original analog circuit for the RS909. Its sound is generated by a clever set of three T-bridge oscillators, each producing a damped sine wave at a different frequency. The mix of these oscillators goes through a VCA whose gain is controlled by an envelope generator, providing the well known attack feel of the sound.
The front panel has control knobs for two internal oscillators, OSC1 and OSC2, for adjustment of their pitch, further extending the sounds this circuit is capable of and allowing fine adjustment to the classic sound.
RS909 includes a high-powered output gain stage capable of producing hot signals. On the inputs, Tiptop Audio has designed a pulse-shaper circuit so you can trigger RS909 with trigger/gate signals from step sequencers, clock dividers or any other pulse/clock sources. This eliminates the need to shape pulses sent to the module and ensures the same stable sounds at peak power, regardless of your pulse source.
Based on the architecture of the 909, the Accent input is versatile and able to take in both CV and gate signals for continuously changing dynamics. All of these unique features make integrating this legendary sounds generator into your modular synth easy, unleashing the power of real analog drums.
- Module controls
- LEVEL knob: master output gain level
- OSC1 and OSC2 knobs: control frequencies for two of RS909's three oscillators
- ACCENT knob: accent level control, affects loudness and attack levels
- Patch points
- ACCENT IN input: gate trigger input to trigger accent
- GATE IN input: gate trigger input to trigger rimshot sound
- RS OUT output: audio output
- Physical specifications
- Size: 4hp
- Module depth: 36mm
- Power usage: 12mA @ +12V, 10mA @ -12V
|Included from Manufacturer|
|Module Power Usage||12mA @ +12V
10mA @ -12V
Tiptop Audio Limited Warranty
Tiptop Audio offers the most extensive product warranty on the analog synthesizer market.
The warranty fully covers any defects or malfunction of their modules for one full year.
- Ground shipping is FREE for all orders $99 and up.
- Our central, midwest location ensures fast delivery times.
- See below for transit day estimates. Please note, these are estimates and are not guaranteed.
Generally, package estimated transit days are as follows:
- Upper Midwest: 1-3 days
- Central US, South East US, and East Coast: 2-4 days
- West Central US: 3-5 days
- West Coast: 4-6 days
- Alaska & Hawaii: 7+ days