Tiptop Audio Z4000 NS Voltage-Controlled Envelope Generator
Tiptop Audio Z4000 NS is a snappy voltage-controlled analog envelope generator with a built-in CV processor for scaling, inverting and voltage-controlled deviating of the envelope shape. Z4000 generates an envelope made of the four classic segments – attack, decay, sustain and release – in which each segment can be manually set using knobs or dynamically set under voltage control.
Control knobs for the attack, decay and release segments are scaled. The first 0-50% of the knobs' rotations are dedicated to high resolution adjustment in the millisecond range.
The output levels are fully adjustable with signals that can reach up to 10V in either polarity and can be mirrored into the opposite polarity or clipped using the voltage-controlled deviater-scaler. A bi-color LED indicates intermediate values in both polarities and their crossfade state.
The Attack Slope switch allows selection of a logarithmic or exponential curve for the attack segment. This subtle effect helps further the fine adjustment of the attack segment slope. A Shoot button is provided to let you fire the envelope manually. Z4000 also provides a retrigger input, allowing you to create legato notes when using a classic keyboard interface.
Going down to nuts and bolts, Z4000's smoothness and snappiness is made possible by a four segment active-charge discrete circuit which is an extended version of circuits found in classic two-segment rise/fall transient generators.
- Module controls
- ATK SLOPE switch: switches attack segment slope from exponential to logarithmic
- ATTEN. knob: voltage attenuator and inverter positive/negative control
- DEVIATER knob: control voltage deviation via static voltage summing positive/negative control
- A knob: controls duration of envelope attack segment
- D knob: controls duration of envelope decay segment
- S knob: controls duration of envelope sustain segment
- R knob: controls duration of envelope release segment
- SHOOT button: manually triggers envelope
- Patch points
- A input: CV control over envelope attack segment
- D input: CV control over envelope decay segment
- S input: CV control over envelope sustain segment
- R input: CV control over envelope release segment
- DEVIATER CV input: CV control over Deviater positive/negative summing
- GATE input: triggers envelope
- RTRIG input: retriggers envelope even if it's in ON state
- OUT output: envelope CV output
- Physical specifications
- Size: 8hp
- Module depth: 28mm
- Power usage: 34mA @ +12V, 18mA @ -12V
|Module Power Usage||34mA @ +12V
18mA @ -12V
Tiptop Audio Limited Warranty
Tiptop Audio offers the most extensive product warranty on the analog synthesizer market.
The warranty fully covers any defects or malfunction of their modules for one full year.
- Ground shipping is FREE for all orders $99 and up.
- Our central, midwest location ensures fast delivery times.
- See below for transit day estimates. Please note, these are estimates and are not guaranteed.
Generally, package estimated transit days are as follows:
- Upper Midwest: 1-3 days
- Central US, South East US, and East Coast: 2-4 days
- West Central US: 3-5 days
- West Coast: 4-6 days
- Alaska & Hawaii: 7+ days