Tom Oberheim SEM Pro
Tom Oberheim is back in the synthesizer business, and to start out he has reissued his very first analog synth: the Synthesizer Expander Module, or SEM.
Originally released in 1974, SEM is one of the classic discrete analog synths, with a huge, three-dimensional 'fat' tone that must be heard to be believed. This new SEM is pretty much the same as the original, that is to say 100% analog: true voltage controlled oscillators, the classic SEM multimode filter, analog VCA, analog envelope generators and LFO. All internal components are exactly the same as they were in the original units (unless unavailable), and the sound is the same amazing trademark aural experience that made SEM a staple in a vast range of musical styles and projects.
The SEM Pro model incorporates options from both the Patchpanel and MIDI to CV Converter models and is personally autographed by Tom Oberheim. For the Patchpanel, the internal SEM connections — all 33 of them — are brought out to 1/8" minijacks. The basic connections are a one-volt-per-octave VCO control voltage and a standard 0 to +5 volt gate signal. For the MIDI to CV Converter, a high precision MIDI converter has been specifically designed to allow MIDI to control SEM and has additional features that make use of SEM's external inputs.
- SEM Pro version integrates both Patchpanel and MIDI to CV Converter options
- SEM Pro is the only model personally autographed by Tom Oberheim
- Single-voice monophonic analog synthesizer
- Two oscillators, each with sawtooth and variable-width pulse wave, pulse width and frequency modulation amount, external envelope and LFO modulation select switches, and oscillator sync
- 12dB/octave multimode filter with continuously variable low pass, band pass and high pass modes, external envelope and LFO modulation select switches
- Filter input mixer with continuously variable saw to pulse wave mix for each oscillator and external input amount for processing external sources
- Two attack/decay/sustain envelope generators
- Sine wave low frequency oscillator with speed control
- Patchpanel functions:
- All internal SEM connections — all 33 of them — are brought out to 1/8" minijacks
- Basic connections are one-volt-per-octave VCO control voltage and a standard 0 to +5 volt gate signal
- MIDI to CV converter functions:
- High precision MIDI to CV converter specifically designed to allow MIDI to control SEM
- Select MIDI channel, controller number and bend range
- Select note assignment modes: latest, high note and low note priorities
- Select note re-trigger, filter track, LFO reset
- A second independent control bus allows velocity, controller data or channel pressure to modulate either or both VCOs, the filter and the VCA
- Transpose function allows different keyboard controllers to utilize the complete MIDI note range
- Analog portamento
- Input preamp gain control allows an external audio input to be processed through SEM
- High precision A440 Hz tune signal
- Control voltages and gate are brought out to rear panel connectors so MIDI to CV function can be used with other CV/gate gear
|Mfg. Included Accessories|
|Number of Keys||N/A|
|Voices of Polyphony||N/A|
|Oscillators per Voice||2|
|Internal Storage Capacity||N/A|
|Audio File Playback||No|
|USB Port (to Host)||N/A|
|USB Flash Drive Port (to Device)||N/A|
Tom Oberheim / Marion Systems Limited Warranty
Marion Systems Corporation warrants this product to be free of defects in materials and workmanship for one year from the date of purchase. If troubles arise, please contact Marion Systems so they can determine the the best way to handle any needed repairs.
When contacting Marion Systems, please provide the following information:
- Product name & serial number
- Your name and address
- Your email address
- Your phone number
- The date and location where you purchased the product
If it is determined that the unit needs to be returned to Marion Systems Corporation, the return cost is the responsibility of the owner. The return of the unit to the owner will be covered by Marion Systems.
When you place an order with Kraft Music, a confirmation will be sent to you via email, with details of your order, including method of shipping. Once your order leaves our facility, you will receive a shipping confirmation via email, with carrier name and tracking number. Many of the products we sell are shipped in the manufacturer box. These boxes will often have images, model numbers, and other text that indicate the contents inside. If your purchase is a gift, please make proper shipping arrangements or contact us about possible packaging options.
Kraft Music is able to ship to the continental US, HI, AK and PR.