Vox Continental 73 BK Performance Keyboard STAGE RIG
This Kraft Music Bundle Includes
The Vox Continental 73 BK stage keyboard offers the sounds you need the most, all in one unit: PIANO, E. PIANO, ORGAN and KEY/LAYER (including brass, strings and more). The front panel controls have been designed around these four parts, so first-time players can easily pick it up. With its simple and intuitive layout, players have instant access to master effects, EQ and the Nutube vacuum tube-powered valve drive.
*Instant Rebate applied. Was $1899.99
This porter-style keyboard case is lined with a soft plush material along with foam to create rigidity around the instrument. Built-in wheels, padded interior straps, and an external accessory pocket round out this case to make it a great choice for lightweight transport of your instrument.
This is one of the sturdiest keyboard stands on the market with both height and width adjustments. This stand also leaves plenty of room for pedals and it folds flat for quick and easy transport.
This is one of the best professional benches on the market. It's rock solid and has an easy clutch for height adjustment. It sets up and folds down in seconds, making it great for those who need a bench to take to gigs. A great choice for any seated musician.
Piano players prefer the feel of a real sustain pedal. This pedal features a built-in 6' cable with 1/4" connector and polarity switch, making it compatible with virtually any keyboard or digital piano.
This versatile universal pedal features a built-in 6' cord and polarity switch. Compatible with any keyboard or electronic instrument with a 1/4" pedal jack.
Quality sound and construction that you can rely on! These cables have the strength and durability to withstand regular use. A great choice for any audio application.
This dual balanced 1/4" cable is designed to connect your instrument to any unit with right and left channels. Great for keyboards, mixing consoles, PA systems, or other sound reinforcement or recording applications.
The original Vox Continental was the go-to sound for performers in the 60s. Today's Vox Continental embodies that heritage and delivers a comprehensive performance synthesizer with sounds that all modern musicians need. The Vox Continental 73 BK stage keyboard offers the sounds you need the most, all in one unit: ORGAN, E. PIANO, PIANO and KEY/LAYER (including brass, strings and more). The front panel controls have been designed around these four parts, so first-time players can easily pick it up. With its simple and intuitive layout, players have instant access to master effects, EQ and the Nutube vacuum tube-powered valve drive.
- Intuitive user interface that emphasizes playability on stage
- ORGAN part that meticulously models three vintage organs
- High-quality E.PIANO part with attention paid to every detail
- Rich PIANO part powered by high-quality samples
- KEY/LAYER part with a wide range of variations
- Intuitive and powerful effects optimized for live use
- Touch sensor that can control a variety of parameters
- Nine-band EQ that allows detailed control of your sound
- Real valve drive sound powered by Nutube, the new vacuum tube
- Redesigned waterfall keyboard provides excellent playability
- Dynamics knob lets you freely customize the playing feel of the keyboard
- Scene memories let you instantly switch between settings
- XVP-20 expression pedal included
Black finish with included optional wood sides
The leather texture black body of this instrument perfectly matches any stage, and the instrument comes with a set of dark brown wooden side panels that can be attached to the keyboard according to your preferences. The body is made of sturdy sheet metal and lightweight aluminum, providing a slim and compact design with superior durability and portability.
Four parts deliver high-quality sounds for live use
The panel features a part select button that makes it easy to switch among ORGAN, E. PIANO, PIANO and KEY/LAYER parts to use the sounds you need right away. Individual front panel controls for each part let you select the variations, set the levels and more. Settings for these four parts are saved together in a single scene. Press both part select buttons at the same time to layer and play both parts together.
- ORGAN part: This part features three different sound engines. The CX-3 tonewheel organ sound engine models the sound of Korg CX-3 and works well for any genre from rock to popular music. The Vox transistor organ sound engine features a unique high-end sound and perfectly reproduces every detail of the original Vox Continental from the 1960s. The COMPACT transistor organ sound generator offers a characteristically cheap sound, recreating the sound of this compact organ that came out around the same time as the Vox organ. These sounds offer 'touch control' that lets you use your fingers to control the harmony and tone, much like real drawbars.
- E. PIANO part: Three electric piano sound engines are provided. TINE is the most representative electric piano sound. Along with TINE, REED is used in many famous songs. FM features the metallic sound often heard in songs from the 1980s. This is an electric piano with a high-definition FM sound that was carefully created to be rich in harmonics, using a realistic sound generator model with amp and cabinet modeling.
- PIANO part: Features three sound categories, including the GRAND with a high-grade sampled grand piano, an UPRIGHT sound that's easy to use in settings like pop music and an E.GRAND sound that's often heard in music from the 1970s. The GRAND and UPRIGHT sounds go all the way with non-looped, high-resolution sampled sounds in stereo across the entire key range to recreate the delicate and powerful sounds of the piano.
- KEY/LAYER part: This part features six categories of sounds including KEY (clavinet, pipe organ, etc.), BRASS (brass and woodwind sounds), STRINGS (strings and choir), LEAD, SYNTH and OTHER. These sounds give you the power to handle a wide range of genres with this instrument alone, offering sounds and can be layered with piano and other parts.
The CX-3 and Vox let you switch between upper (the upper part of the keyboard) and lower (the lower side of the keyboard) or create a split with the touch of a button. You can also connect an external MIDI keyboard to play the upper part on this keyboard and the lower part with an external MIDI keyboard, like using two manuals (levels) on an organ. There's also vibrato/chorus and a rotary speaker simulation, and you can use the bend lever to on the side of the keyboard to change the speed of the rotary speaker effect.
LED touch controls
The nine-line LED display makes it easy to see the setting status – and it also works as a controller! Three control targets are selectable using this touch sensor, and when ORGAN is selected, this mainly works as a drawbar to shape that sound. When KEY/LAYER is selected, this is used to make the filter and EG settings. When EQ is selected, you can control the overall tonal balance over nine bands.
Authentic tube distortion
Vox Continental 73 BK features a vacuum tube distortion effect that works especially well with organ and electric piano sounds. The Nutube vacuum tube-powered valve drive lets you create rich harmonics that are impossible to create using modeling, for a warm vacuum tube sound with smooth distortion. You can use the dedicated button to turn valve drive on/off. The amount of effect used can be adjusted in detail using the knob, and you can see how much effect is applied by looking at the brightness of the LED that lights the Nutube.
Nutube, the new vacuum tube
Adding stunning presence and warm valve drive sound, Nutube is a new type of vacuum tube constructed with an anode grid filament that operates as a complete triode tube. Further, Nutube offers the characteristically rich harmonics that create the distinctive vacuum tube sound. The tube construction uses technology from vacuum fluorescent displays to create a vacuum tube that uses far less power than vintage vacuum tubes, with a more compact design and better quality.
DYNAMICS knob for instant key touch control
Your key touch preferences might vary considerably depending on whether you play jazz music or rock music, a gap that's difficult to fill using only default velocity curve settings. For this reason, Continental 73 BK features a DYNAMICS knob that gives you even more detailed control over the volume and how the sound changes according to how hard or soft you play the keys. Turn the knob counterclockwise to get the full range of inflection with velocity, or turn the knob clockwise for a stronger sound with more uniformity in volume.
Semi-weighted waterfall keybed
Vox Continental 73 BK features a light-touch keyboard with waterfall keys that are suitable for playing glissandos. The keyboard is also semi-weighted, giving the keys a stable playing feel when using piano or electric piano sounds. Due to its keyboard and lightweight body design, the instrument weighs 18.52 lb (excluding the wooden side panels), which brings it under the 20 lb class while still being a 73-key stage keyboard.
Easy scene recall
Vox Continental 73 BK lets you register up to 64 scenes (4 scenes × 4 banks × 4), which include combinations of sounds in four parts, the master effect and settings for the EQ and more. These scenes can easily be recalled using dedicated buttons below the touch controls. You can also connect a flash drive to the USB port on the back of this instrument to save and load up to 100 sets of scenes, so you can always use the same settings by bringing your flash drive to any Vox Continental 73 BK.
Three series of master effects plus EQ are available. The first stage is an insert effect to the master, with six selectable types including chorus, phaser and wah. The second-stage delay and reverb are sends from the master, with four types of delay and five types of reverb. The third stage includes a nine-band EQ that can be set using the touch controller. The final stage features a valve drive circuit with Nutube. All of these settings can all be saved to scene memory.
|Included from Manufacturer||Volume/expression pedal
Optional wood sides
|Number of Keys||73|
|Key Action||Semi-weighted waterfall|
|Programs/Presets||ORGAN: 3 types
E. PIANO: 3 types
PIANO: 3 types
KEY/LAYER: 6 types
|Voices of Polyphony||Modeling tonewheel organ sound generator: 128 voices
Modeling transistor organ sound generator: 100 voices
Modeling electric piano sound generator: 80 voices
High-definition piano sound generator: 60 dual stereo notes (equivalent to 240 voices)
|MIDI Control Zones||2|
|Effects||Insert effects: CHORUS, PHASER, FLANGER, COMP, DRIVE, WAH
Master effects: DELAY, REVERB
EQ: 9-band stereo input/output
VALVE DRIVE: Vacuum tube Nutube 6P1
DYNAMICS: Control key touch response
|Onboard Controllers||Bend lever
9 × touch sensors
|Control Connections||1/4" damper pedal input
1/4" rotor speed
1/4" volume/expression input
|Audio Outputs||Dual 1/4" stereo output
Dual 1/4" stereo XLR output
1/4" stereo headphone output
|MIDI||In, Out, USB|
|USB Port (to Host)||MIDI|
|USB Flash Drive Port (to Device)||Program/Preset Storage|
|Organ Models||Tonewheel, Transistor|
|Drawbar Sets||1 Set|
|Reverse Key Presets||No|
|Half Moon Switch Input||Yes|
|Finish||Black with optional wood sides|
|Product Weight||18.52 lb|
Vox / Korg USA Limited Warranty
Vox products sold by authorized Vox dealers are warranted by the Vox division of Korg USA to the first consumer purchaser to be free from defects in material or workmanship under normal use and service for the following periods from the date of the first consumer purchase:
- Electron tubes: ninety (90) days
- Footswitches: ninety (90) days
- Batteries: no warranty
- Other Vox products: one (1) year
Any products found to be defective within the warranty period set forth above will be repaired or replaced at the option of the Vox division, without charge, provided that (1) the product was not misused, abused, improperly maintained, or repaired by any person not authorized by Vox division; (2) the product's failure resulted from a defect in material or workmanship and was not damaged due to use other than its intended use; (3) the product was not used under abnormal, excessive, or unusual operating conditions and (4) the product is promptly delivered prepaid to the seller at the place of purchase or to an authorized Vox warranty service center together with proof of purchase within the warranty period set forth above from the date of the first consumer purchase. Do not return products directly to the Vox division for service.
Your warranty becomes effective immediately upon purchase. Immediate registration of your warranty card may help you establish proof of ownership in case of loss or theft; however, Vox division of Korg USA accepts no liability or responsibility for maintaining records of such registration. Failure to return the card will not result in the forfeiture or any rights under the warranty.
There are no warranties, expressed or implied, other than those expressed herein. Further, there are no implied warranties, including the warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose beyond the warranty period specifically set forth above. This warranty does not cover products used for loan or rental.
Limitation of Liability: The above warranty represents purchaser's exclusive remedy and the Vox division shall not be liable for any special, incidental, or consequential damages relating to the product sold.
Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts and/or do not allow the exclusion of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to some purchasers. This warranty gives purchasers specific legal rights and purchasers may also have other rights which may vary from state to state.
- Ground shipping is FREE for all orders $99 and up.
- Our central, midwest location ensures fast delivery times.
- See below for transit day estimates. Please note, these are estimates and are not guaranteed.
Generally, package estimated transit days are as follows:
- Upper Midwest: 1-3 days
- Central US, South East US, and East Coast: 2-4 days
- West Central US: 3-5 days
- West Coast: 4-6 days
- Alaska & Hawaii: 7+ days
Please click here to see your Prop 65 statement.