Yamaha Clavinova CSP-170 Digital Piano - Matte Black
Applying for Financing is Quick and Easy!
- Purchase: All financing orders are completed over the phone. Give us a call at 800-783-3368 to place your order! Or you can contact us and set up a time that works best for you!
Terms and Conditions
*Subject to credit approval. Monthly payments of $55.56 per $1,000 borrowed for 18 months at 0% APR. On purchases of new and in-stock qualifying Yamaha pianos from May 1, 2023 to July 4, 2023.
Credit is extended by Piano Credit Company.
- SPECIAL FINANCING OFFER!0% APR for 18 months on in-stock Arius YDP, AvantGrand and Clavinova digital pianos.
- FREE DELIVERYThis premium piano purchase includes Free Delivery thru 6/30/23.
- PIANO BENCHA matching piano bench is included with your new instrument.
- FREE PRODUCT SUPPORTPurchase from Kraft Music includes access to our staff of experts to assist with your questions.
- 5-YEAR WARRANTYClavinova and AvantGrand pianos are include a 5-year limited warranty with in-home service.
When you're looking for a premium digital piano, you can't help but consider the Clavinova CSP series. The CSP comes equipped with powerful features that make it easy to learn to play piano. A great choice for beginning students as well as advanced players. Plus, you can rest easy knowing that you'll receive the following from Kraft Music:
- FREE Threshold Delivery - Your Clavinova will be delivered to your home by our shipper who specializes in delivering large, oversize items.
- FREE Product Support - Have a question about how to use your CSP? You'll have access to your very own Kraft Music Advisor who is a trained expert, and is ready to field your questions.
- Exclusive Step-by-Step Assembly Video - Your Kraft Music Advisor will forward you an in-depth, step-by-step assembly video to assist you in setting up your new Clavinova. See the video gallery below for a brief assembly guide.
- Piano Bench - A matching piano bench is standard, and is included in the box from Yamaha.
- WiFi Adapter - A Yamaha UD-WL01 LAN adapter is also included, providing wireless connectivity to your mobile device.
- 5-Year Warranty - Your CSP is built to last, and Yamaha backs that up with a 5 Year Limited Warranty.
- Talk To An Expert - At Kraft Music, we have a team of musicians who are passionate about music. We know our stuff and we can help you choose headphones, lamps, and other accessories that will enhance your enjoyment of your Clavinova. Call us at 800-783-3368 or send us an email at [email protected].
The moment you play your first notes on a Clavinova, you will know why Yamaha's premier digital piano line is the preferred instrument in homes and celebrated on the largest stages. The Clavinova CSP-170 teaches anyone how to play their favorite songs, right out of their music library. SThe Smart Pianist app analyzes any song within seconds, and produces a piano score that they can read, all while Stream Lights above each key show them which notes to play and when.
- NWX (Natural Wood X) keyboard with synthetic ebony and ivory keytops, escapement
- 6 options of touch sensitivity
- Yamaha CFX Binaural and Bösendorfer Imperial sound samples featuring Key-Off
- 692 Voices + 29 Drum/SFX Kits
- 58 preset reverb effects
- 396 Pro Styles, 34 Session Styles, 4 Free Play Styles, 36 Pianist Styles
- 16 track recording
- Compatible with the Smart Pianist app for iOS and Android
- 2 x (6.29" + 3.14") 45 watt speakers
The sound of the finest concert grand pianos in the world
The CSP-170 features expertly sampled sounds from two world class pianos: the Yamaha CFX 9' Concert Grand and the legendary Bösendorfer Imperial. From light staccato and powerful strikes, to the "key-off" sound when a pianist's fingers lift from the keys, the essence of these pianos has been captured in world-class sound studios.
The nine-foot CFX is a full sized concert grand piano characterized by a wide palette of tonal colors and the ability to create the subtlest expressive nuances. The CFX was one of the Yamaha's most ambitious projects and greatest achievements, and no expense was spared to confirm that what you hear in the CSP lives up to the reputation of the original.
Bösendorfer has been perfecting the craft of piano creation for over 185 years. The legendary 97-key Imperial Grand has been serving artists from Franz Liszt to Tori Amos since 1909, offering the largest soundboard of all concert grands and a characteristic warm tone known as the "Viennese Sound." From dramatic presence and power to tender passion, every subtlety of this $300,000 masterpiece is at your fingertips with Clavinova.
Superbly expressive sound that responds to the player’s touch
Featuring Yamaha Smooth Release technology, Clavinova offers the crisp tone heard when playing staccato as well as the lingering sound produced by releasing the keys more. This provides finely-nuanced response to the pianist’s playing.
Smooth tonal transformations perfectly matched to key pressure
Sound in an acoustic piano attenuates over a long time. Pianists can change the volume of the sound—as well as its dynamics—to achieve both mellow and bright tones by simply changing the pressure they apply to the keys. The Clavinova features long, carefully-sampled recordings of notes on a piano, reproduces them in rich detail and utilizes unique Yamaha technologies to achieve smooth tonal transitions in response to the touch of the player. Additionally, the Clavinova has been repeatedly tested and adjusted by numerous pianists in order to attain a performance feel similar to that of a grand piano.
The moment a pianist’s fingers are lifted from the keys of a grand piano, subtle changes occur in the instrument’s tone as the damper is lowered onto the strings to mute its sound. Key-Off samples features actual recordings of these changes, offering a faithful reproduction of the most subtle changes in the piano’s sound, allowing for a more realistic performance.
Superb playability and feel
NWX (Natural Wood X) keyboards are created using Yamaha's unrivaled expertise acquired through more than a century of crafting fine acoustic pianos. The material used for NWX keyboards is cut from wood that has been carefully dried specifically for use in making musical instruments. The NWX keyboard also features an escapement mechanism that reproduces the feel of an acoustic piano as it goes through the let-off and drop of the hammer when a key is played very softly. The action has been designed in such a way that the escapement is discernible only on the lightest keystrokes, similar to the keyboard of a grand piano.
Keyboard Stabilizers—unique Yamaha mechanisms for improved keyboard stability
Keyboards fulfill the vital role of transforming emotion from your fingertips into sound and therefore, must be smooth to play in order to maintain superb touch for prolonged performances. That is why Yamaha has fitted Keyboard Stabilizers to all 88 keys, offering players a natural touch and improving the stability and durability of the keyboard.
Synthetic ivory and ebony keytops—a pleasure to play
Our fingers are more sensitive than we think, and for pianists, the texture of the piano keys is extremely important. The GH3X keyboard features white keys made from the highest quality synthetic ivory, developed independently by Yamaha. The black keys are finished in synthetic ebony. Synthetic ivory keytops reproduce the tactile surface of the real ivory keyboards once used in older acoustic pianos. It features highly absorbent material that prevents fingers from slipping even after hours of practice, while retaining the ideal texture and feel. In addition to the feel, the appearance and fine texture of these keys is unmatched by any other digital piano, and is sure to inspire pianists from the moment they experience it.
A fully immersive concert grand experience—even with headphones
Yamaha’s advanced binaural sampling technology is now available on the Clavinova for the first time. The technology uses samples from the CFX, Yamaha’s acclaimed concert grand piano, recorded with specialized microphones that capture locational information and other nuances discerned by the human ear. The resulting sound is so natural, so enveloping, that you’ll soon forget you’re even wearing headphones at all.
Sing in perfect harmony… with yourself!
You can enjoy karaoke backing with songs stored in your Clavinova or downloaded from YamahaMusicsoft.com. The lyrics are shown on the Smart Pianist app and the words change color as the song advances, so you know exactly when to come in. Plug in a microphone, and you can sing along with your playing. The Vocal Harmony engine creates advanced sounding harmonies, enriching your voice and is even capable of correcting your pitch!
Multi-track song recorder
The recording function featured in Clavinova digital pianos allows you to record your performances* with a single touch, which is useful when you want to review your playing objectively. Additionally, you can record up to 16 tracks for simultaneous playback, so different hands can be recorded separately or overdub parts with different Voices.
Simple operation using the Smart Pianist app
Smart Pianist allows you to control the many functions included in your Yamaha digital piano with your smart device. With the Smart Pianist app, you can easily operate the various Voice functions of the instrument and use it to call up scores of the built-in songs. It also features a comprehensive Piano Room function for changing the tonal quality and resonance settings of the piano sound.
|Included from Manufacturer||Power Cable
Wireless LAN Adapter
|Piano Cabinet Style||Console|
|Number of Keys||88|
|Key Action||NWX (Natural Wood X) keyboard with synthetic ebony and ivory keytops, escapement|
|Weighted Keys||Hammer Weighted|
|Speaker Power||2 x 90 Watts (45W+45W)|
|Speaker Size||(2) 6.3"
|Pedals||Damper with half pedal effect, Sostenuto, Soft
Aux Pedal Input
|Number of Sounds||692 Voices + 29 Drum/SFX Kits|
|Voices of Polyphony||256|
|Song Recorder||Audio & MIDI|
|Songs||Recorder: depends on device storage
|Storage Type||USB Flash Drive, Internal|
|Rhythm Patterns||470 Preset Accompanimant Styles|
|Audio Outputs||(2) 1/4" Stereo Headphones
(2) 1/4" Aux Out - L/L+R, R
|Audio Inputs||(1) 1/4" Mic/Line In
(1) 1/8" Stereo Aux In
|Product Weight||147 lbs, 12 oz|
|Unique Features||Stream Lights (4 steps)
Smart Pianist app for iOS
Yamaha Clavinova pianos are covered by a five (5) year limited warranty. Yamaha products are designed and manufactured to provide a high level of defect-free performance. Yamaha Corporation of America ('Yamaha') is proud of the experience and craftsmanship that goes into each and every Yamaha product. Yamaha sells its products through a network of reputable, authorized dealers and is pleased to offer you, the Original Owner, the following Limited Warranty, which applies only to products that have been (1) directly purchased from Yamaha's authorized dealers in the fifty states of the USA (the 'Warranted Area') and (2) used exclusively in the Warranted Area. This warranty covers Clavinova Digital Pianos against defects in materials or workmanship for five (5) years. In-home service is also available with these products. More details can be found on the Yamaha Corporation of America web site.
Freight Delivery Service
In order to properly protect larger and heavier products (instances where the package is too large for standard UPS or FedEx ground service), we ship those products with one of our Freight Delivery carriers of choice.
- You'll be provided with tracking information within 24 hours of your order leaving our facility.
- The carrier’s website will allow you to track the order, schedule a delivery date, and schedule a delivery window.
- Most deliveries take place on weekdays (Monday through Friday) within standard business hours and will require a signature.
- Please allow 7-10 business days for these shipments to be delivered. In some cases, additional transit time is necessary. It's worth the wait!
Our free shipping promotion saves you an average of more than $250 in shipping costs.
Freight Delivery includes delivery to the ground-level front or back door, or to the garage.
What about assembly?
While these services do not include assembly, our knowledgeable staff of Sales Advisors can talk you through the easy and quick process. With some simple instructions and the occasional screwdriver, you're all set to go. For digital pianos, you are generally only putting together the stand itself. With the help of a friend, you then place the piano portion on top of the stand and secure it with the provided screws. Drum assembly is also straightforward and often allows for a setup that works for you. Let our Sales Advisors put your mind at ease and contact us at [email protected] or 800-783-3368!
Can I ship to Alaska or Hawaii?
We can absolutely make that happen for you. Due to the added costs of shipping to these destinations, these orders do not qualify for the free shipping promotions we frequently run. But Kraft Music will cover the cost of shipping to the nearest coast! All you would pay is the remainder. Contact a Sales Advisor for a quote at [email protected] or 800-783-3368. Please be sure to include your postal/zip code for the quickest and most accurate quotes.
For more info and delivery options, please contact a Sales Advisor at [email protected] or 800-783-3368.