Yamaha Red Label FGX3 Acoustic-Electric Guitar - Vintage Natural SN IIJ281103
36 MONTHS SPECIAL FINANCING**
Applying for Financing is Quick and Easy!
- Apply: There are two easy ways to apply for financing. A credit application can be completed over the phone in a matter of minutes with a Kraft Music team member. Applications can also be completed online.
- Purchase: All financing orders are completed over the phone. Once you're approved, give us a call at 800-783-3368 to place your order! Or you can contact us and set up a time that works best for you!
Terms and Conditions
NO INTEREST FOR 36 MONTHS**
On qualifying purchases made with your Synchrony credit card 8/1/22 - 1/2/23. 36 Equal Monthly Payments required.
**Qualifying purchase amount must be on one receipt. No interest will be charged, and equal monthly payments are required on promo purchase until it is paid in full. The payments equal the initial total promo purchase amount divided by the number of months in the promo period, rounded up to the next whole dollar. These payments may be higher than the payments that would be required if this purchase was a non-promo purchase. Regular account terms apply to non-promo purchases. New Account APR is 29.99%/Minimum Interest Charge is $2. Existing cardholders: See your credit card agreement terms. Subject to credit approval
Credit is extended by Synchrony Bank.
FREE GUITAR INSPECTION!Your guitar will arrive ready to play.
- EARN BACK A $70 STATEMENT CREDIT***When you use you Synchrony Bank issued credit card and make a Kraft Music purchase of $899 or more.
Equipped with the Atmosfeel pickup and preamp system, Yamaha Red Label FGX3's FG body delivers a full, punchy low end, well-suited for strumming and flatpicking, and 1960s aesthetics and modern craftsmanship culminate over 50 years of Yamaha guitar development.
- Atmosfeel pickup and preamp for natural, plugged-in sound
- Scalloped FG bracing provides warm, powerful tone with deep lows and rich harmonics
- Acoustic Resonance Enhancement (A.R.E.) treatment imparts the sound and sustain of aged wood
- All-solid construction with a sitka spruce top, mahogany back and sides
- Ebony fingerboard and bridge
- Urea nut and saddle
- Made in Japan
- Soft case included
Modern inspiration and timeless design
In the more than half-century since the 1966 release of FG810, Yamaha has balanced traditional guitar craft with a spirit of constant refinement, pursuing its vision of the ideal folk guitar.
Inspired by the iconic Yamaha 'red label' guitars of the 1960s, Red Label models feature a semigloss finish and high-quality components to deliver a beautiful, vintage aesthetic.
Classic V-shaped headstock
The guitar retains the original FG headstock shape, adorned with the iconic 'tuning fork' logo. The traditional truss rod cover is emblazoned with 'Since 1966' to mark the launch of the first FG models.
Solid sitka spruce top
Commonly sourced from Canada and Alaska, solid sitka spruce offers a rich midrange and low-frequency response. The sound is tight and focused, working particularly well for chordal strumming or rhythmic fingerstyle performance.
Solid mahogany back and sides
Mahogany has a slower transient response than many other tonewoods, contributing to a warm and woody tone with strong midrange.
In defining the sound of Red Label, Yamaha's intention was to offer a warm tone that would be ideal for modern folk music and singer-songwriters. With careful measurement and experimentation, several refinements were made that would enhance low-frequency response without compromising durability. These changes are optimized for the natural characteristics of the tonewoods and each body silhouette.
A.R.E. Acoustic Resonance Enhancement
The exclusive Yamaha A.R.E. process utilizes heat, humidity and atmospheric pressure to accelerate the aging of the wood and gives the instrument a rich, vintage-quality tone as if you've been playing it for years.
Atmosfeel 3-way pickup and preamp system
Yamaha's Atmosfeel pickup and preamp system uses a piezo sensor in the bridge to capture low frequencies, a microphone for low and midrange and a proprietary thin synthetic sheet soundboard transducer for high frequencies. The result is a full, natural sound with simple controls that make it easy to get great plugged-in tone.
Simple and intuitive controls for each performance style
Atmosfeel preamp controls let you blend the microphone sound into the premixed pickup sound. The microphone sound particularly complements solo performers and chordal players, while a lower blend may be preferred by fingerstyle players and guitarists who need to cut through a full band. The bass knob controls a peaking EQ. The center frequency rises when boosting and lowers when attenuating, so that low frequencies, which could be problematic on stage, can be removed but never added.
|Included from Manufacturer||Hardshell case
Sound hole cover
|Acoustic Body Style||Dreadnought|
|Number of Strings||6-Strings|
|Top||Solid sitka spruce|
|Number of Frets||20|
|Bridge Saddle Material||Urea|
|Electronics||Yamaha Atmosfeel pickup and preamp system|
|Tuner Built In||No|
|Unique Features||Scalloped FG bracing provides warm, powerful tone with deep lows and rich harmonics
Acoustic Resonance Enhancement (A.R.E.) treatment imparts the sound and sustain of aged wood
Original headstock shape with 'tuning fork' logo
'Since 1966' truss rod cover
Yamaha Guitar Products Limited Warranty
As an expression of confidence in the excellence of the design, materials and workmanship involved in all the various aspects of bringing Yamaha Guitar Products to you, Yamaha Corporation of America (hereinafter referred to as 'Yamaha') provides the following warranty. Please read the entire text in order that you may become familiar with its terms. If you should have any questions, please contact the retailer that sold you the Yamaha Guitar Product or contact Yamaha directly.
If, during the applicable period from the date of original purchase, your Yamaha Guitar Product is found on authorized inspection to have a defect in material or workmanship, a Yamaha Service Center will repair such defect without charge for parts or labor. Routine maintenance work and the results of normal wear are not covered by this warranty.
- Top, neck, back and sides: limited lifetime warranty
- Tuning hardware, tail piece, bridge, plating, pickguard, vibrato mechanisms and electronic/electrical components: one (1) year parts and labor
Yamaha will replace any individual component, that by a competent technical entity is determined to be defective, without charge for parts or labor. Parts replaced under this warranty are warranted for the remainder of the original parts warranty or for 90 days, whichever period is longer. Yamaha reserves the right to utilize reconditioned parts and subassemblies as warranty replacements in the repair of the product. In the event Yamaha determines that the unit cannot be repaired, Yamaha will replace the defective unit with either the same model product or one that is reasonably equivalent. Should warranty service be required, your warranty periods will be extended by the number of days that elapse between the date you report a defect and the date that the unit is repaired.
This warranty is valid only when a new Yamaha Guitar Product is purchased from an authorized Yamaha retailer and is available to the original purchaser only. If you wish to obtain the protection of a Yamaha warranty, you should determine that you are purchasing, or have purchased, your unit from an authorized retailer. Please contact Yamaha directly if you have any questions regarding the Yamaha limited lifetime warranty.This limited lifetime warranty is applicable only in the fifty states of the USA and the District of Columbia. It is not applicable in the possessions or territories of the USA or in any other country.
This warranty is the only warranty which Yamaha makes with respect to your Yamaha Guitar Product. Yamaha disclaims all other warranties relating to the guitar product, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular use. There are no warranties other than the express limited warranty stated here. In any event, Yamaha shall not be liable for any incidental or consequential damages.
Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages and some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty may last; therefore, the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may also have other rights that vary from state to state. In the event any of the provisions of this warranty are found by statute or by applicable administrative or judicial entity to be unenforceable, the remaining provisions shall remain in force.
This warranty does not cover expenses incurred due to a lack of understanding of the functioning of the Guitar product when it is operating as designed. Your retailer is also an excellent source of information and should be contacted when needed for assistance regarding the proper operation of your Guitar Product. In order for Yamaha to provide proper warranty service, it is necessary that the purchaser of a new Guitar or Percussion Product assume the following responsibilities:
- Retain proof of purchase documents for the duration of the warranty periods. You will be requested by Yamaha to provide proof of purchase in order to receive warranty service.
- Notify an authorized Guitar Product retailer of any apparent defects promptly upon their discovery. If your concern has not been resolved within 30 days, contact Yamaha directly.
- Permit a Yamaha Warranty Repair center to provide the applicable warranty service during normal business hours.
If you feel a defect exists, contact your Yamaha guitar dealer in your area authorized to sell Yamaha guitars. You may also contact Yamaha directly.
Do not ship your guitar to any service center or to Yamaha without a Return Authorization. Inbound shipping and insurance charges are your responsibility. No collect shipments will be accepted. Products repaired under warranty will be returned to you prepaid and insured for replacement value only. Insurance coverage in excess of replacement value will be purchased only if requested by you. These costs will be your responsibility and may also include COD charges.
This warranty does not cover the following:
- Failures that are the result of improper operations, maintenance or repair.
- Failures that result from abnormal strain, neglect, modification, accidental damage or exposure to extremes in temperature or relative humidity.
- Products purchased from dealers not authorized by Yamaha to sell Yamaha Guitar Product.
- Products whose trademark, name, or identification numbers have been altered or removed.Guitars marked 'by Yamaha' are not covered by this warranty.
- Failures traceable to repairs/modifications performed by any one not authorized by Yamaha to perform such services.
- Guitars no longer owned by the original purchaser.
- Normal wear including strings, frets, finish, fingerboard, accidental damage, and abuse.
- Tone. Tone is based on the subjective perception of the listener. This being the case, it cannot be guaranteed.
Retailers authorized by Yamaha to sell Guitar Products receive sales and service support materials and training that are not readily available to non-authorized retailers. This being the case, your local authorized retailer is uniquely equipped to respond to any Guitar Product related need you might have.
- Ground shipping is FREE for all orders $99 and up.
- Our central, midwest location ensures fast delivery times.
- See below for transit day estimates. Please note, these are estimates and are not guaranteed.
Generally, package estimated transit days are as follows:
- Upper Midwest: 1-3 days
- Central US, South East US, and East Coast: 2-4 days
- West Central US: 3-5 days
- West Coast: 4-6 days
- Alaska & Hawaii: 7+ days