Zoom ARQ Aero RhythmTrak AR-48
A fun new way to create electronic music. The ARQ AR‑48
All-In-One Production and Live Performance Instrument
Making music should be fun, easy, and freeing. With the Zoom ARQ AR-48, it can be that and so much more.
The AR-48 lets you craft music you can be proud of. Use its 460 built-in sounds or use your own samples to create innovative beats and sequences. And its unique design gives you the freedom to perform in brand new ways.
- All-in-one drum machine, sequencer, synthesizer, looper, clip launcher, MIDI controller and live performance instrument
- Includes 460 drum machine, synth, and instruments sounds
- Import WAV files into the internal synth engine's oscillator
- 16 adjustable Master Effects, including reverb, filters, delay, and more
- Use the Ring Controller as a handheld aerial instrument
- Onboard 32-step loop sequencer for creating individual patterns or complete songs
- Programmable synthesizer engine with three sub-oscillators
- 16 velocity and pressure-sensitive pads with programmable color LEDs
- Grip Detection automatically prevents accidental note triggering
- Built-in 3-axis accelerometer for triggering arpeggiator sounds and effects
- Dedicated buttons for record/play/pause, solo, mute, split, arpeggiate, and change effects
- 3.5 mm mini stereo input for phrase recording and loop creation
- Audio capture from patterns and songs, from SD card, or from incoming audio signal
- Play sounds chromatically, or choose from dozens of preset scales in any key
- Dual 1/4" line outputs, separate 3.5 mm mini stereo headphone output with dedicated volume control, and MIDI output
- USB port for computer integration and SD card slot
- Optional Bluetooth connection (BTA-1 connector sold separately)
Create Your Own Music
You can load your own samples into ARQ or choose from its 460 drum, instrument, and vocal sounds. Explore a variety of genres—from hip hop and house to techno and dubstep—to craft the music you want.
Get Ready to Sequence
Capture what you’re playing in real-time by hitting record. Or use the dedicated step-input buttons to quickly program a beat. Start with a kick and snare, then add hi-hats and toms. With the AR-48’s unique design, it’s easy to see your sequence as a true loop.
A New Way to Produce
The ARQ offers a variety of fun and exciting ways to produce and perform your music. You can play and remix your music live. You can also play over your patterns in real-time using the Ring Controller or use the MIDI out to control external instruments.
Sample Tracks and Play
With the AR-48’s audio capture function, you can sample your favorite tracks and create beats around them to your liking.
Accelerate Your Performance
To create more expressive performances, remove the Ring from the Base Station and trigger delay, reverb, and filters effects with the accelerometer. You’ve never performed quite like this!
The Base Station is the control center of the AR-48. Let's explore how it works:
The Sound section features 460 customizable instrument sounds and a synthesizer with three sub-oscillators. Sound parameters can be changed instantly and are easily visible on the section’s dedicated LCD screen.
In the Sequence section, you can access and edit Songs or Pattern sequences, as well as save up to 384 patterns and 99 songs. Using the backlit LED buttons on the built-in 32-step loop sequencer, you can create musical patterns in real-time or add Swing or Tempo to any sequence of your choice.
The Effects section offers 16 Master Effects, including reverb, high- and low-pass filters, delay, bit crush, and more. Use them during song and pattern playback, in the studio, or during live performances.
Record and save your music in seconds in the Rec/Play section. You can also use audio capture mode, record motion sequences, and save your work automatically
Includes Ableton Live 9 Lite With ARQ AR-48 and Ableton Live 9 Lite, you have everything a modern music creator needs. Record your tracks quickly and intuitively, enhancing them with studio-quality effects like EQ, compression, reverb, delay, chorus, filter, and more. Plus, Ableton’s performance workflows let you take your music to the stage where you can mix and record live.
|Included from Manufacturer||Base Station (AR-48)
Ring Controller (AR-48)
Power Supply (AD-14)
|Number of Keys||None|
|Programs/Presets||468 drum/instrument sounds ("one-shot" sampled waveform sounds)
531 oscillator types
70 types of synthesizer sounds
|Voices of Polyphony||16|
|Sampling||16-bit 44.1 kHz|
|Internal Storage Capacity||32 MB|
|Audio File Playback||No|
|USB Port (to Host)||MIDI|
|Audio Inputs||2 x 1/4" TRS|
|Audio Outputs||2 x 1/4" TRS
1 x 1/4" TRS Headphone
|Onboard Controllers||96 Velocity and Pressure Sensitive Pads with Aftertouch|
|Width||Base Station: 11.03"
Ring Controller: 11.03"
|Depth||Base Station: 11.03"
Ring Controller: 11.03"
|Height||Base Station: 1.97"
Ring Controller: 1.3"
|Product Weight||Base Station: 2.65 lbs
Ring Controller: 1.15 lbs
|Unique Features||Ring controller with 3-axis accelerometer for altering effects parameters and sending MIDI control messages|
Zoom North America Limited Warranty
The warranty covers defects in material and workmanship in Zoom products purchased and serviced in the USA. The warranty begins on the date of purchase by the original purchaser and ends one (1) year hence.
The warranty does not cover:
- Products subjected to abnormal strain, neglect, abuse, modification, or accidental damage
- Products purchased from dealers or websites not authorized by Zoom North America to sell Zoom products
- Products with trademarks, logos, names, numbers, or other identifying information that have been altered or removed
- Damage occurring during shipment
- Any loss of digital information
The warranty protects the original purchaser of the product exclusively.
Zoom North America will repair or replace parts found, under normal usage, to have defective material or workmanship without charge for labor or parts.
To obtain warranty service:
- Return the warranty registration card within 10 days of original purchase, and be prepared to provide proof of purchase
- Return the product to an authorized dealer, Designated Service Center, or the Zoom North America Service Division for appropriate repairs/services
- If sending your product to Zoom North America, call for a Return Authorization Number first. For assistance in locating an agency or obtaining an RA number, contact Zoom North America. All shipping to and from the service facility must be paid for by customer
- Whenever warranty service is required, you must present both the original dated sales receipt and this warranty statement as proof of warranty coverage
Any implied warranties, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are limited in duration to the length of this warranty.
Zoom North America's liability for any defective product is limited to the repair and replacement of the product at Zoom North America's discretion. Replacement products may be reconditioned.
Zoom North America shall not be liable for damages based on inconvenience, loss of use, lost profits, lost savings, damage to any other equipment or items at the site of use, or any other damages whether incidental, consequential, or otherwise, even if Zoom North America has been advised to the possibility of such damages. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts and/or do not allow the exclusion or limitations of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may have other rights which vary from state to state.