Zoom H1n Handy Portable Digital Recorder
THE ZOOM H1n Just Press Record
The Evolution Continues
Creators everywhere are using Zoom Handy Recorders to capture sound and sample audio like never before. The H1n is the ultimate take-anywhere recorder for every creator’s gear bag.
- Streamlined body with matte finish and newly designed protective mic enclosure
- 1.25” monochrome LCD display
- One-touch button controls
- Localized and intuitive menus for easy operation
- Built-in stereo condenser microphones in 90˚ X/Y stereo format
- Stereo ⅛" Mic/Line In mini phone jack
- Stereo ⅛" Phone/Line Output jack with dedicated volume control
- Limiter and Auto-Level buttons for input signal and distortion-free recording up to 120dB SPL
- Playback Speed Control, Voice Emphasize Filter, and Stereo overdubbing functions
- Auto-Record, Pre-Record, and Self-Timer functions
- Supports up to 24-bit/96 kHz audio in BWF-compliant WAV or a variety of MP3 formats
- Test Tone and Slate Tone generator for filmmaking use with DSLR and video cameras
- Records directly to microSD and microSDHC cards up to 32 GB
- Handles up to 120 dB SPL for distortion-free recording
- Loop playback with user-defined start and stop points
- Micro USB port for data exchange to and from computer and use as an audio interface
- Runs on only 2 standard AAA alkaline, Lithium, or NiMH rechargeable batteries, or AC adapter (AD-17, USB to AC type)
- Up to 10 hours of operation with alkaline batteries
Zoom Your Audio Anywhere and Everywhere
The H1n's X/Y microphones capture high-quality stereo sound, supporting up to 24-bit audio at sampling rates of 44.1, 48, or 96 kHz in WAV and various MP3 formats
With the H1n, Zoom has redesigned the user experience. One-touch button controls make it simple to record songs, audio-for-film, lectures, podcasting, and more. And its new monochromatic 1.25” LCD display is easy to read even in the brightest lighting conditions.
An advanced onboard limiter offers distortion-free signal up to 120 dB SPL, cleanly recording the loudest of bands. A low-cut filter also helps eliminate pops and unwanted low frequency rumble.
The overdub function lets you add layers of audio, allowing for richer and fuller sounding recordings.
Transcription Made Easy
The H1n’s Playback Speed Control lets you transcribe music, interviews and other types of recordings without altering pitch.
Don’t Miss the Moment
You can also set the H1n to auto-record, pre-record, and self-time, making sure you always capture the moment.
Mark and Sync
New tone generator makes it easy to calibrate your H1n and camera audio levels.
The Connections You Need
An 1/8" stereo mic/line input lets you record with your external microphones or other sound sources, and supplies plug-in power (2.5 volts). Connect headphones via the 1/8" headphones output with dedicated volume control. You can also use the H1n’s built-in speaker to listen to your recordings.
The H1n’s USB port provides a digital output of the stereo mix and allows data to be send to and from your computer. It also allows the H1n to be used as a USB microphone and a microSD card reader.
Free Recording Software
The Zoom H1n comes with free download licenses for Steinberg’s Cubase LE music production software and WaveLab LE audio editing software.
The H1n is battery-powered and offers up to 10 hours of recording time. Put it in your pocket, toss it in your backpack, or mount it to a camera—the H1n travels wherever you do.
|Included from Manufacturer||(2) AAA Batteries
Steinberg Cubase and WaveLab LE
|Audio Inputs||(1) 1/8" - Mic/Line In (w/plug-in power)|
|Audio Outputs||(1) 1/8" Stereo - Headphones/Line Out|
|File Formats||BWF, MP3, WAV|
|Recording Format Details||WAV/BWF (up to 24 bit, 96 kHz)
|Max Storage Capacity||32 GB|
|Storage Format Details||Micro SD/SDHC|
|USB Functionality||File Transfer/Storage, Power, Recording Interface|
|Batteries||(2) AAA Batteries|
|Product Weight||0.13 lbs|
|Unique Features||Test Tone and Slate Tone generator for filmmaking use with DSLR and video cameras|