Zoom H3-VR Handy Recorder
VR audio, you've arrived.
Whether you’re a game developer, filmmaker or musician, virtual reality is the undeniable future of content creation. While 360-video is exploding in popularity, the ability to easily create 360-audio has lagged behind…until now.
- 4 built-in mics arranged in an Ambisonic array
- Full-sphere surround sound recording
- Single-knob gain control of all input levels
- Onboard Ambisonics A to B decoding
- Three recording modes: Ambisonics, Stereo Binaural or Standard Stereo
- Record up to 24bit/96kHz
- Stereo binaural monitoring of Ambisonics signal
- Headphone output and line output
- Slate tone
- Extensive metadata
- Auto Mic Position Detection using 6-axis gyroscope (upfront, endfire, upside-down, endfire inverted)
- Level Function to ensure precise angle placement
- Wireless iOS remote control available through the BTA-1 Bluetooth adapter
- Onboard Ambisonics playback with audio rotation
- Accurate internal clock with .5ppm discrepancy
- USB 2.0 Audio Interface Mode
- Zoom PC/Mac post-production software to play, change a direction, and convert to binaural, stereo,and 5.1ch surround file
- Powered by 2 AA batteries or USB bus power
- Records to SD card up to 512GB
One-stop VR audio
The Zoom H3-VR virtual reality audio recorder is the complete solution for capturing and processing spatial audio for VR, AR and mixed-reality content. With a built-in Ambisonic mic, recorder and decoder, the H3-VR puts 360-audio in the palm of your hand.
A new way to go from A to B
In the past, capturing VR audio required a dedicated Ambisonic mic, a separate recorder and a computer for encoding the audio from raw Ambisonics A format to VR-ready Ambisonics B format. Now, with the H3-VR, all of the encoding and decoding is done on board, saving time, money and effort at every step.
Audio for every reality
- Ambisonics Audio for VR
The H3-VR’s 4-capsule Ambisonic mic captures precise 360-degree VR audio recordings up to 24 bit/96 kHz. And without ever connecting to a computer, the onboard decoder allows you to export Ambisonics B-format files directly.
- Binaural 3D Stereo
The H3-VR also records stereo binaural WAV files up to 24 bit/48 kHz. Stereo binaural provides a hyper-realistic spatial recording that enhances 2D productions with 3D audio.
- Standard Stereo
The H3-VR even offers standard stereo recording for recordings that will be played out of speakers rather than headphones.
- 5.1ch Surround for Video
Free to download, ZOOM Ambisonics Player software can easily convert Ambisonics audio to a 5.1ch surround file that is pre-aligned to the proper speakers, and is exported to your video or audio editor for syncing with standard video.
- Live Streaming
360 The H3-VR also enables you to live stream events in 360 degrees so that wherever your fans are, they’ll have access to the best seats in the house.
Fits Anywhere. Captures everything.
The H3-VR’s compact, conical design captures audio from multiple angles without getting in the way of the camera or the action.
6-Axis motion sensor
Auto Mic Position and Level Detection make placing the H3-VR simple. Whether positioned upright, upside down, endfire or endfire inverted, the H3-VR automatically calibrates so your audio and video are already aligned for post.
Upgrade your game experience
The slam of dungeon doors, growl of monsters or howl of the wind can make or break a player’s fantasy. With the ability to capture high-quality in-game audio, you can elevate your player’s experience to new levels.
Monitoring and playback
Monitor your audio live in stereo binaural or use the H3-VR’s onboard Ambisonics Decoding to simulate your recorded 360-experience during playback.
Streaming and more
Perfect for live streaming, video conferencing, direct recording and more, the H3-VR’s audio interface mode turns it into a USB 360 mic for your computer or stereo mic for your iOS device.
Out of the shot but in control
Staying out of the shot can be tricky when recording a 360-degree video, which is why the H3 Control App lets you remotely access transport controls, level settings, and metadata notes right from your iOS device.*
*Optional BTA-1 adapter required
360 Post-production made easy
The H3-VR’s companion ZOOM Ambisonics Player software takes the work out of post-production by easily converting your Ambisonics files to Stereo, Binaural, 5.1ch surround and more. Play, trim, re-orientate and export your audio files in minutes.
|Included from Manufacturer||Foam windscreen
Dual mounting bracket
|Polar Pattern(s)||Ambisonic Array|
|Requires Phantom Power||No|
Zoom North America Limited Warranty
The warranty covers defects in material and workmanship in Zoom products purchased and serviced in the USA. The warranty begins on the date of purchase by the original purchaser and ends one (1) year hence.
The warranty does not cover:
- Products subjected to abnormal strain, neglect, abuse, modification, or accidental damage
- Products purchased from dealers or websites not authorized by Zoom North America to sell Zoom products
- Products with trademarks, logos, names, numbers, or other identifying information that have been altered or removed
- Damage occurring during shipment
- Any loss of digital information
The warranty protects the original purchaser of the product exclusively.
Zoom North America will repair or replace parts found, under normal usage, to have defective material or workmanship without charge for labor or parts.
To obtain warranty service:
- Return the warranty registration card within 10 days of original purchase, and be prepared to provide proof of purchase
- Return the product to an authorized dealer, Designated Service Center, or the Zoom North America Service Division for appropriate repairs/services
- If sending your product to Zoom North America, call for a Return Authorization Number first. For assistance in locating an agency or obtaining an RA number, contact Zoom North America. All shipping to and from the service facility must be paid for by customer
- Whenever warranty service is required, you must present both the original dated sales receipt and this warranty statement as proof of warranty coverage
Any implied warranties, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are limited in duration to the length of this warranty.
Zoom North America's liability for any defective product is limited to the repair and replacement of the product at Zoom North America's discretion. Replacement products may be reconditioned.
Zoom North America shall not be liable for damages based on inconvenience, loss of use, lost profits, lost savings, damage to any other equipment or items at the site of use, or any other damages whether incidental, consequential, or otherwise, even if Zoom North America has been advised to the possibility of such damages. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts and/or do not allow the exclusion or limitations of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may have other rights which vary from state to state.