If you’re an aspiring musician, video plays an important role in helping you reach a wider fan base. It’s a digital world and that means an inspiring performance can take the Internet by storm. But you can’t capture your music with just any camera. You need one that records incredible audio.
The Zoom Q2n gives you a fast and easy way to create HD videos with high-impact audio. The built-in X/Y microphones capture sound with beautiful stereo imaging. And the 160-degree wide-angle lens excels in an array of lighting conditions—whether you’re filming at home, in a rehearsal space, or at a club.
With the Q2n in hand, you can finally make videos that sound as great as they look—at a price more affordable than ever.
Experience Legendary Sound
As the camera for musicians, the Q2n gives legends like Steve Gadd the ability to get up close and personal with his fans. The Q2n’s audio and video quality make it simple for Steve to capture the essence of his performances so fans can enjoy them time and time again...
A Portable Camera That Sounds Great
High-resolution 24-bit/96 kHz audio delivers studio-quality recording, no matter where you’re filming. And the camera’s built-in X/Y microphones can handle sound pressure levels up to 120 dB SPL, for distortion-free recording.
It Can Handle the Pressure
Since the Q2n can handle high sound pressure levels, it records loud music without distortion or clipping. Famed drummer Dave Weckl relies on his Q2n to capture full and beautifully balanced snare, bass, tom, and cymbal detail.
Capture Your Best Moments in Any Lighting
Ten "Scene" presets allow you to record in a wide range of environments, including low-light locations where the Q2n is designed to thrive. The presets range from "Concert Light"—which automatically adjusts for changing lighting conditions—to "Concert Lo-Lit" for dimly lit rooms. And there are scene settings tailored specifically for filming in jazz clubs and rehearsal studios, as well as outdoors.
Up Close and Personal
The Q2n features a 160-degree wide-angle lens that captures stunning video. And it records in 720p or 1080p HD resolution, using the same 24 fps or 30 fps frame rate used in film. An F2.0 aperture makes the Q2n perfect for musicians who perform in a wide variety of lighting environments. Capture the full band or focus on an individual performer using five field of view (FOV) settings. Plus, a color LCD screen makes it easy to create the perfect shot or review your videos.
Small Enough to Go Everywhere
The Q2n is small enough to carry anywhere, so you’ll always be prepared to capture impromptu performances or record new ideas. It records up to two hours of footage on two standard AA batteries, providing more than enough juice for concerts, rehearsals, jam sessions, and more.
Capture the Essence of Your Music
For an acoustic guitarist, nothing's more important than mic placement. Placing the Q2n ten feet away from your guitar achieves beautiful stereo sound. For more nuanced string sound and finger/neck detail, place the Q2n within three feet of your guitar.
Record Audio Only
The Q2n is also capable of recording audio only. Simply use the ‘Camera Off’ setting to capture demos or live performances in stereo sound using the built-in X/Y mics.
Connect and Listen
The Q2n features a 1/8" stereo input jack that lets you connect external mics and other audio devices. And the 1/8” stereo output jack makes it simple to listen to audio with headphonesor on your home stereo.
- High-quality 160° wide-angle lens (F2.0/16.6 mm)
- 10 "Scene" options for use in different lighting environments,
plus ‘Auto’ setting for automatically adjusting how the camera
captures specific scene conditions
- Built-in X/Y stereo microphones capable of handling sound
levels up to 120 dB SPL
- Can be used as standalone audio recorder, with data saved
in WAV format, up to 24-bit/96 kHz
- 5 field of view (FOV) settings
- Records directly to micro SD/SDHC/SDXC cards up to 128 GB
for extended recording times
- Easy one-button recording
- Color LCD
- Support for two HD video modes, 720p and 1080p
- Video bitrates up to 24 Mbps for improved image quality
- Frame rates: 1080p/30fps HD, 1080p/24fps HD, 720p/30fps HD,
- HDMI video output for connection to HDTVs, selectable between
NTSC and PAL
- Records video (with audio) in MOV format
- Analog-style level control with onscreen level metering and
2-color status LCD on lens
- Auto Gain function automatic control over audio input level
- Stereo input for use with external devices plus support for
- Headphone/line-level for fast audio monitoring
- Low-cut filter for the elimination of low-frequency noise
- USB interface for live streaming and data transfer
- Compatible with USTREAM Producer, Flash Live Media Encoder,
Skype, and other popular streaming applications
- Webcam and USB mic function (with direct monitoring) when
used with computers and iOS devices (Apple Camera Connection Kit
or Lightning to USB Camera Adapter required for use with iOS devices)
- Operates with two AA batteries for approximately two hours
- Built-in standard tripod mount
|Included from Manufacturer|
|Mics||120° X/Y stereo|
|Audio Inputs||Stereo mini jack|
|Audio Outputs||Combined line/headphones stereo mini jack|
|File Formats||MPEG-4 (MOV), WAV|
|Recording Format Details||Video: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 (MOV)
Audio: WAV (24-bit/96 kHz, 24-bit/48 kHz, 16-bit/44.1 kHz)
|Max Storage Capacity||128 GB|
|Storage Format Details||micro SD/SDHC/SDXC cards (Class 10 or higher, up to 128 GB)|
|USB Functionality||File Transfer/Storage, Power, Recording Interface, Live Streaming|
|Power Adaptor||ZOOM AD-17, sold separately: DC 5V/1A|
|Batteries||2 AA Batteries (included)|
|Product Weight||.2 lb|
Zoom North America Limited Warranty
The warranty covers defects in material and workmanship in Zoom products purchased and serviced in the USA. The warranty begins on the date of purchase by the original purchaser and ends one (1) year hence.
The warranty does not cover:
- Products subjected to abnormal strain, neglect, abuse, modification, or accidental damage
- Products purchased from dealers or websites not authorized by Zoom North America to sell Zoom products
- Products with trademarks, logos, names, numbers, or other identifying information that have been altered or removed
- Damage occurring during shipment
- Any loss of digital information
The warranty protects the original purchaser of the product exclusively.
Zoom North America will repair or replace parts found, under normal usage, to have defective material or workmanship without charge for labor or parts.
To obtain warranty service:
- Return the warranty registration card within 10 days of original purchase, and be prepared to provide proof of purchase
- Return the product to an authorized dealer, Designated Service Center, or the Zoom North America Service Division for appropriate repairs/services
- If sending your product to Zoom North America, call for a Return Authorization Number first. For assistance in locating an agency or obtaining an RA number, contact Zoom North America. All shipping to and from the service facility must be paid for by customer
- Whenever warranty service is required, you must present both the original dated sales receipt and this warranty statement as proof of warranty coverage
Any implied warranties, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are limited in duration to the length of this warranty.
Zoom North America's liability for any defective product is limited to the repair and replacement of the product at Zoom North America's discretion. Replacement products may be reconditioned.
Zoom North America shall not be liable for damages based on inconvenience, loss of use, lost profits, lost savings, damage to any other equipment or items at the site of use, or any other damages whether incidental, consequential, or otherwise, even if Zoom North America has been advised to the possibility of such damages. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts and/or do not allow the exclusion or limitations of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may have other rights which vary from state to state.
When you place an order with Kraft Music, a confirmation will be sent to you via email, with details of your order, including method of shipping. Once your order leaves our facility, you will receive a shipping confirmation via email, with carrier name and tracking number. Many of the products we sell are shipped in the manufacturer box. These boxes will often have images, model numbers, and other text that indicate the contents inside. If your purchase is a gift, please make proper shipping arrangements or contact us about possible packaging options.
Kraft Music is able to ship to the continental US, HI, AK and PR.