Zoom Q8 Handy Video Recorder
You've never seen—or heard—anything like it.
The Q8 marries high-definition video with high-resolution audio, making it the perfect camera for music and video creators everywhere. Its 160 degree wide angle lens and digital zoom ensure that you’ll always capture the complete picture.
Combine that with 24-bit/96k audio captured through a combination of Zoom’s ground-breaking system of interchangeable mic capsules as well as two built-in XLR-TRS inputs, and you have a world of audio options whether you use it with your hi-def video or as a standalone 4-channel audio recorder. Use it to educate and entertain, to create music, or to develop a podcast series, and do it with incredible pro quality.
Complete Compatibility for Total Versatility.
The Q8 comes with it’s own specially designed detachable X/Y microphone, yet it’s compatible with many Zoom microphone capsules. If you already use an H5 or H6, you can swap their capsules with the Q8 too. *
* EXH-6 TRS/XLR Combo Capsule is not compatible with the Q8.
The Total Package.
Easy to use and full-featured The Q8 offers a large full-color LCD touchscreen for ease of use, along with a wealth of ad-vanced features. Dual combo XLR/TRS inputs allow the connection of external micro-phones and line-level sources, and a built-in speaker and stereo Headphone/Line Out jack provide audio monitoring; there's even an HDMI output for video monitoring.
Its high-quality 160 degree wide-angle lens and flexible mounting options means that you can shoot high-def video anywhere you go. Plus, there's a USB output that allows the Q8 to be interconnected with your computer so you can use it with your favorite streaming or editing software.
Focused sound, compact size
The SGH-6 Shotgun Capsule adds a professional-quality, highly directional microphone to the Q8, creating the perfect setup for broadcast and ENG (electronic newsgathering) appli-cations. Three elements combined with digital signal processing inside the SGH-6 give you the highly directional pickup power of a conventional shotgun mic in a unit only half the size—great for recording dialogue and narration with no intrusive mic in the scene.
Your Go-To Tool
Whatever you create, wherever your imagination takes you
Whatever you're into—music, video, podcasting, blogging, or teaching—the Q8 can help you achieve your creative goals. Here are just a few suggestions for ways it can be used...
Great performances can be elusive… but with the Q8, they can live forever. Capture the to-tal experience—not just the sights, but the sounds too. Shoot video from the audience and use the supplied wide-angle X/Y mic to capture immersive sound. Take your Q8 onstage to get close and provide the musician's perspective. Or use it at the mixing position to com-bine sharp high-def video and stereo room sound with the crisp, clean audio signal coming straight from the board.
The Indie Filmmaker
The compact size of the Q8 and its compatibility with both tripod mounts and three-prong action camera mounts means you can shoot footage anywhere, from perspectives other cameras simply cannot capture. Take it to remote locations. Indoors or outdoors, wherever you go, you can count on your Q8 to deliver crisp video with superior audio.
Get creative, and do it right. By bringing together high-definition video and high-resolution 24-bit/96k audio, the Q8 allows to take your YouTube creations and podcasts to a whole new level. Use your Q8 to educate and entertain, turn viewers into subscribers, and let ad-vertisers know that you’re the real deal.
Don't let anything get in the way of the story. The Q8 is perfect for electronic newsgather-ing, for conducting interviews, and for creating personal video blogs and podcasts. Capture video and audio to SD card for later editing with your favorite software, or stream it live; you can even use the Q8 as a web camera or USB microphone.
With its high-quality sound and crisp, sharp video, the Q8 is the perfect teaching tool, ideal for creating detailed video lessons and demonstrating fingerings, bowings, and other play-ing skills. Use it to capture student rehearsals and performances so they can review and perfect both form and technique, documenting and enabling their musical growth.
The Video Pro
With single-button recording, self-timer, high quality wide-angle lens, and sensing options that automatically adapt to various lighting situations, the Q8 is the ideal tool for creating professional-quality videos with pristine audio.
Transfer the files to your favorite editing software via USB and turn your raw footage into high quality productions. The Q8's compact size makes it the perfect B-roll camera too, al-lowing you to go where your big rig can't go and capture video from unusual angles. You can even use the Q8 as a standalone audio field recorder.
The Q8 delivers that same great Zoom sound quality you'll find in all our products, with support for high-resolution 24-bit/96kHz audio. It comes with a high quality detachable X/Y microphone, or you can connect different Zoom mic capsule. A low-cut filter and foam windscreen allow you to eliminate low-frequency noise and rum-ble, and there are three Auto Gain settings, as well as a built-in compressor and limiter. Au-dio can be recorded along with video or the Q8 can be used as a standalone stereo or four-channel audio-only recorder.
The Q8 goes beyond standard HD, offering 3M HD (2304 x 1296 pixels @ 30 fps /24 Mbps) as well as two kinds of HD (24 Mbps and 16 Mbps for increased storage capability) at frame rates of up to 60 fps at 720p for capturing fast action video. Its F2.0 aperture / 160˚ wide-angle lens ensures that you'll capture every moment with full realism and sharp definition. Three “Scene” presets allow you to use the Q8 in a variety of different lighting conditions. And support for both standard and HD video file formats as-sures that you'll have plenty of options when it comes to storage and streaming.
Need a different POV? The Q8's got you covered. Not only can it be attached to any standard tripod, it comes with a tripod-to-three-prong converter so you can use it with every kind of action camera mount too. Take your Q8 onstage and mount it to your mic stand, amp, or your drum kit. Shoot video from front row center and use the supplied stereo X/Y microphone to capture the audience experience. Or use the Q8 at the mixing position and record the feed from the board, as well as the sound of the room. Use multiple Q8s for a dramatic mix of different angles—the full-color touchscreen LCD is fully rotatable so you can always view your image regardless of camera positioning.
USB, Battery life, and File Types
Connectivity, power to spare, and selectable file formats
A built-in USB port enables live streaming and allows the Q8 to be used as a webcam or USB microphone. It also allows connection with other equipment and computer software—even an iPad*—for post-production capability.
The supplied lithium-ion battery that powers the Q8 can be easily recharged in the studio or in the field, using either an optional AC adapter or via USB. Battery life is more than two hours when shooting at 720p/30fps. In audio recording-only mode, battery life is extended further still. The Q8 records directly to SD, SDHC, and SDXC cards, up to 128GB. Video is stored in MOV file format, with various HD settings for maximum video quality, or you can shoot in stand-ard definition (VGA) when space or streaming bandwidth is at a premium. Recorded audio can be integrated directly into the MOV file, or audio can be saved sepa-rately from the video data.
- Records directly to SD, SDHC, and SDXC cards, up to 128GB
- High-quality 160° wide angle lens with selectable viewing angles (F 2.0/16.6mm)
- Uses a system of interchangeable audio input capsules that can be swapped out as easily as the lens of a camera
- Supplied detachable stereo X/Y microphone (XYQ-8)
- Compatible with many Zoom microphone capsules (sold separately); not compatible with EXH-6 TRS/XLR Combo Input Capsule
- Full-color rotating LCD touchscreen
- Support for five HD video modes, up to 2304 x 1296 pixels (3M HD), as well as two WVGA modes
- Frame rates of up to 60 fps for capturing fast action video
- Three imaging sense options (AUTO/CONCERT/NIGHT) for use in all lighting envi-ronments
- Self timer
- 4x digital zoom
- Records video in MOV format (with or without audio)
- Records audio in AAC and WAV formats, up to 24-bit/96k
- Up to four tracks of simultaneous audio recording
- Two mic/line inputs with XLR/TRS combo connectors, each with selectable phan-tom power and -20dB pad
- Analog-style gain controls for each audio input
- Built-in audio mixer
- Stereo link function
- Auto-Gain control plus built-in compressor and limiter
- Supplied foam windscreen and low-cut filter for the elimination of low-frequency noise and rumble
- Dedicated Headphone output / Line out
- Built-in speaker for fast monitoring
- HDMI video output for connection to HDTVs, selectable between NTSC and PAL
- USB interface for live streaming and data transfer to and from computer editing software
- Webcam and USB mic function for use with external devices such as computers; USB mic function for iPads (Apple Camera Connection Kit required)
- Direct monitoring for zero latency during use as a USB mic
- Compatible with USTREAM Producer, Flash live Media Encorder, Skype, and other popular streaming applications
- SD card reader function
- Rechargeable Li-Ion battery (chargeable via USB or optional AC adapter)
- Battery life of more than 2 hours
- Built-in standard tripod mount
- Includes tripod-to-three-prong converter for compatibility with all action camera mounts Accessories
Here’s what comes included with the Q8:
- Detachable stereo X/Y microphone capsule (XYQ-8)
- Foam windscreen
- Rechargeable Li-ion battery
- USB cable (50 cm)
- Tripod to three-prong action camera mount adapter
- Lens cover
- Lens hood
- Operation manual
Optional Q8 Accessories:
- XYH-5 X/Y mic capsule
- XYH-6 X/Y mic capsule
- MSH-6 Mid-Side mic capsule
- SGH-6 Shotgun mic capsule
- SSH-6 Stereo Shotgun mic capsule
|Mfg. Included Accessories||Detachable Stereo X/Y Microphone Capsule (XYQ-8)
Rechargeable Li-ion Battery
Tripod to Three-Prong Action Camera Mount Adapter
|File Formats||AAC, MPEG-4 (MOV), WAV|
|Recording Format Details||N/A|
|Max Storage Capacity||128 GB|
|Storage Format Details||N/A|
|USB Functionality||File Transfer/Storage, Power, Recording Interface, USB Mic, Live Streaming|
Zoom North America Limited Warranty
The warranty covers defects in material and workmanship in Zoom products purchased and serviced in the USA. The warranty begins on the date of purchase by the original purchaser and ends one (1) year hence.
The warranty does not cover:
- Products subjected to abnormal strain, neglect, abuse, modification, or accidental damage
- Products purchased from dealers or websites not authorized by Zoom North America to sell Zoom products
- Products with trademarks, logos, names, numbers, or other identifying information that have been altered or removed
- Damage occurring during shipment
- Any loss of digital information
The warranty protects the original purchaser of the product exclusively.
Zoom North America will repair or replace parts found, under normal usage, to have defective material or workmanship without charge for labor or parts.
To obtain warranty service:
- Return the warranty registration card within 10 days of original purchase, and be prepared to provide proof of purchase
- Return the product to an authorized dealer, Designated Service Center, or the Zoom North America Service Division for appropriate repairs/services
- If sending your product to Zoom North America, call for a Return Authorization Number first. For assistance in locating an agency or obtaining an RA number, contact Zoom North America. All shipping to and from the service facility must be paid for by customer
- Whenever warranty service is required, you must present both the original dated sales receipt and this warranty statement as proof of warranty coverage
Any implied warranties, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are limited in duration to the length of this warranty.
Zoom North America's liability for any defective product is limited to the repair and replacement of the product at Zoom North America's discretion. Replacement products may be reconditioned.
Zoom North America shall not be liable for damages based on inconvenience, loss of use, lost profits, lost savings, damage to any other equipment or items at the site of use, or any other damages whether incidental, consequential, or otherwise, even if Zoom North America has been advised to the possibility of such damages. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts and/or do not allow the exclusion or limitations of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may have other rights which vary from state to state.
When you place an order with Kraft Music, a confirmation will be sent to you via email, with details of your order, including method of shipping. Once your order leaves our facility, you will receive a shipping confirmation via email, with carrier name and tracking number. Many of the products we sell are shipped in the manufacturer box. These boxes will often have images, model numbers, and other text that indicate the contents inside. If your purchase is a gift, please make proper shipping arrangements or contact us about possible packaging options.
Kraft Music is able to ship to the continental US, HI, AK and PR.