Zoom TAC-2R Thunderbolt Audio Interface
FREE - CAD Side Address Condenser Microphone - a $159 Value!
Extreme Speed for Extraordinary Sound
The compact, rugged TAC-2R audio interface uses the latest Thunderbolt™ technology for blazingly fast speed, near zero latency, and the ultimate in high-quality audio — up to 24-bit/192kHz. With its easy-to-use design and advanced converters, the TAC-2R is perfect for studio and field recording of mics and instruments, onstage playback, and pristine audio streaming. It can even serve as an ultra-stable MIDI interface.
Take your performance to the next level. Use the TAC-2R onstage to get the best sound quality from your laptop. With its Thunderbolt speed, high quality converters, and rugged chassis, you can trust the TAC-2R to deliver superior audio night after night.
In the Studio
The TAC-2R gives you all the tools you need to create great audio. Flexible routing options allow you to use a variety of microphones and instruments, with high-quality preamps to ensure crystal clear sound. There's even Direct Monitoring for zero latency overdubbing.
In Your Home and Office
Enhance the audio you enjoy everyday. Plug your headphones or speakers into the TAC-2R instead of your computer's audio outputs and enjoy streamed high-resolution audio—all the way up to 24-bit/192kHz—in full fidelity.
The TAC-2R serves as an ultra-stable MIDI interface too, allowing you to use your electronic keyboards and controllers as well as sound generating devices such as synthesizers and drum machines. The extreme speed and low latency of Thunderbolt ensure that your audio and MIDI tracks line up perfectly, every time.
Thunderbolt Fast - Creator Driven
More than twice as fast as USB 3.0—not to mention twenty times faster than USB 2.0 and twelve times faster than Firewire 800—Thunderbolt is the interconnection technology of the future. Co-developed by Apple and Intel Labs, it allows signal to be transferred at an incredibly fast 10 gigabits per second, which means virtually no latency.* Thunderbolt interfaces such as the TAC-2R are also unaffected by computer jitter (slight variations in timing), so there's no need to connect an external master clock source.
* Latency time in the TAC-2R is just 4.17 msec round trip when operating at a 44.1kHz sampling rate with a 64 sample buffer size.
The Thunderbolt port on the rear panel carries digital signal to and from your computer in addition to providing power to the TAC-2R—no external power required. Dual front panel combo XLR/TRS inputs allow you to connect a wide variety of microphones as well as line-level signals from electronic keyboards and music players—even passive instruments such as electric guitars and basses. Dual balanced TRS output jacks enable you to connect the TAC-2R to amplifiers or self-powered speakers, and there's an independent ¼" stereo headphone jack with dedicated volume control for private monitoring of the input or output signal. In addition, MIDI In and Out is provided to allow precise synchronization with devices such as electronic keyboards and drum machines.
Extend Your Capabilities with Software
TAC-2 MixEfx is a free Macintosh application designed specially by Zoom for the TAC-2R. With TAC-2 MixEfx, you can set mix parameters and add high-quality effects such as reverb and echo. Other features include a low cut filter, phase reverse, AUTO GAIN control for each input. TAC-2 MixEfx even has three memory slots for saving user settings with quick recall.
- 2-in/2-out high speed Thunderbolt™ audio interface
- Support for recording and playback up to 24-bit/192kHz
- Ultra-low latency audio streaming
- Two combo balanced XLR/TRS input connectors accept both mic- and line-level signal
- Hi-Z switches allow direct connection of electric guitar or bass
- Switchable +48V phantom power
- Two balanced TRS output jacks for connection to amplifiers or self-powered speakers
- 1/4" headphone jack with dedicated level control
- Independent gain controls and clip LEDs for each input
- Large knob output volume control
- Direct Monitoring switch for zero latency monitoring in mono or stereo
- MIDI In and Out
- High-performance Burr Brown mic preamps with up to +60dB of amplification
- 4x upsampling during A/D and D/A conversion for reduced noise and enhanced fidelity
- Asynchronous transfer system unaffected by computer jitter
- Bus powered—no AC power required
- Robust metal housing ensures roadworthiness
- Works with all Thunderbolt-equipped Macintosh computers running OS X 10.8.5 or later
|Included from Manufacturer||Thunderbolt Cable|
|Channels||2 in / 2 out|
|Audio Inputs||2 x XLR/TRS combo jacks|
|Audio Outputs||1/4" TRS phone jack (Balanced)|
|Low-Latency Direct Monitoring||Yes|
Zoom North America Limited Warranty
The warranty covers defects in material and workmanship in Zoom products purchased and serviced in the USA. The warranty begins on the date of purchase by the original purchaser and ends one (1) year hence.
The warranty does not cover:
- Products subjected to abnormal strain, neglect, abuse, modification, or accidental damage
- Products purchased from dealers or websites not authorized by Zoom North America to sell Zoom products
- Products with trademarks, logos, names, numbers, or other identifying information that have been altered or removed
- Damage occurring during shipment
- Any loss of digital information
The warranty protects the original purchaser of the product exclusively.
Zoom North America will repair or replace parts found, under normal usage, to have defective material or workmanship without charge for labor or parts.
To obtain warranty service:
- Return the warranty registration card within 10 days of original purchase, and be prepared to provide proof of purchase
- Return the product to an authorized dealer, Designated Service Center, or the Zoom North America Service Division for appropriate repairs/services
- If sending your product to Zoom North America, call for a Return Authorization Number first. For assistance in locating an agency or obtaining an RA number, contact Zoom North America. All shipping to and from the service facility must be paid for by customer
- Whenever warranty service is required, you must present both the original dated sales receipt and this warranty statement as proof of warranty coverage
Any implied warranties, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are limited in duration to the length of this warranty.
Zoom North America's liability for any defective product is limited to the repair and replacement of the product at Zoom North America's discretion. Replacement products may be reconditioned.
Zoom North America shall not be liable for damages based on inconvenience, loss of use, lost profits, lost savings, damage to any other equipment or items at the site of use, or any other damages whether incidental, consequential, or otherwise, even if Zoom North America has been advised to the possibility of such damages. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts and/or do not allow the exclusion or limitations of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may have other rights which vary from state to state.
When you place an order with Kraft Music, a confirmation will be sent to you via email, with details of your order, including method of shipping. Once your order leaves our facility, you will receive a shipping confirmation via email, with carrier name and tracking number. Many of the products we sell are shipped in the manufacturer box. These boxes will often have images, model numbers, and other text that indicate the contents inside. If your purchase is a gift, please make proper shipping arrangements or contact us about possible packaging options.
Kraft Music is able to ship to the continental US, HI, AK and PR.