Zoom TAC-8 Thunderbolt Audio Interface
FREE - CAD Side Address Condenser Microphone - a $159 Value!
- 18-in/20-out high speed Thunderbolt audio interface
- Record and play back 8 tracks simultaneously
- Standalone mode allows use as an 8-channel mic preamp and A/D or D/A converter without connection to a computer
- Support for up to 24-bit/192kHz high-definition audio
- Near-zero latency audio streaming
- 8 combo balanced XLR/TRS analog input connectors accept both mic and line-level signal
- High-performance mic preamps with up to +60dB of amplification
- Hi-Z switches allow direct connection of electric guitar or bass (INPUT1, INPUT2)
- Independent gain controls and clip LEDs for each input
- Switchable +48V phantom power (INPUTS 1-4, INPUTS 5-8)
- 10 balanced TRS output jacks for connection to mixers, amplifiers, self-powered speakers, or effects devices
- Dual front-panel 1/4" headphone outputs with dedicated volume controls
- Large knob output volume control
- 4x upsampling during A/D and D/A conversion for reduced noise and enhanced fidelity
- Asynchronous transfer system unaffected by computer jitter
- S/PDIF IN/OUT: 2IN / 2OUT, up to 24-bit/192kHz audio resolution
- ADAT Optical IN/OUT: 2 IN / 2 OUT at 192/176.4kHz (S/MUX4 compatible), 4 IN/4 OUT at 96/88.2kHz (S/MUX compatible), 8 IN / 8 OUT at 48/44.1kHz
- Word Clock in/out
- Clock source indicator
- MIDI in/out
- Rack-mountable (1U space)
- Robust metal housing
- Works with all Thunderbolt-equipped Macintosh computers running OS X 10.8.5 or later
Get the Most From Your Gear
The rack-mountable TAC-8 audio interface is designed to act as the central hub in both professional and home environments. It provides 8 analog inputs and 10 analog outputs, 10 digital inputs and outputs (in both S/PDIF and ADAT Optical formats), as well as Word Clock and MIDI I/O.
Whether you want to record large multi-channel 24-bit/192k sessions in your studio without worrying about latency or you want to bring your onstage performance to new heights, the TAC-8 allows you to take full advantage of today's latest technology.
With 8 analog inputs and additional digital options, the TAC-8 allows you to record what you want, when you want. Record drums, bass, guitar, and vocals all at once, or go big with an 8 mic drum setup: or anything inbetween. Thunderbolt speeds will ensure you won’t have to deal with latency issues. The software mixer and output options let you customize your session to your needs.
The TAC-8 allows you to use your laptop onstage with high quality sound. Simply connect it to your computer with a Thunderbolt cable and then connect the rear panel TRS outputs to your mixing board or PA system. Whether you're a one-man band with an epic onstage rig or your TAC-8 + computer is the central hub for a band leveraging software effects and instruments, with 10 analog outs you can customize your rig to your needs.
Thunderbolt Speed. Revolutionary Recording.
Thunderbolt technology opens up new doors for creators. More than twice as fast as USB 3.0—not to mention twenty times faster than USB 2.0 and twelve times faster than Firewire 800- Thunderbolt is the interconnection technology of the future. Co-developed by Apple and Intel Labs, it allows signal to be transferred at an incredibly fast 10 gigabits per second, which means virtually no latency. Thunderbolt interfaces such as the TAC-8 are also unaffected by computer jitter (slight variations in timing).
The TAC-8 provides a wide variety of both analog and digital connectors. Eight front panel combo XLR/TRS inputs accept mic- and line-level signals. Inputs 1 and 2 can also accept instrument-level signal from electric guitars and basses. Dedicated input gain controls and Clip LEDs make it easy to set optimum input levels, and a Phantom Power switch enables the use of condenser microphones.
Dual balanced analog 1/4" TRS output jacks enable you to connect the TAC-8 to amplifiers or self-powered speakers, and there are also 8 discrete balanced TRS analog line outputs for multichannel monitoring or connection to external effects devices. A large front-panel Output knob offers fast control over output level, and there are two independent 1/4" stereo headphone jacks, each with its own dedicated volume control, for private monitoring.
ADAT and S/PDIF digital inputs/outputs allow for the connection of external devices, and built-in Word Clock enables easy integration into any system. ADAT allows for an additional 8 in and 8 out from the TAC-8, and S/PDIF allows for and addition 2 in and 2 out on top of that.
In addition, MIDI In and Out allow electronic keyboards, sequencers, and drum machines to be connected to the TAC-8, with Thunderbolt speed ensuring precise audio and MIDI sync.
In standalone mode, the TAC-8 can be used as an 8-channel mic preamp and analog-to-digital or digital-to-analog converter without being connected to a computer. The TAC-8 performs 4-times upsampling during both analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog conversion. In other words, when the sampling frequency is set to 44.1kHz or 48kHz, the signal is processed at high resolution 176.4kHz or 192kHz, respectively. For A/D conversion, this means less aliasing noise; for D/A conversion, this means increased clarity and fidelity.
Extend your capabilities with ZOOM software
TAC-8 MixEfx is a free Macintosh application designed specially by Zoom for the TAC-8. It provides a comprehensive onscreen mixer, with independent level, phase reversal, and panning control for each channel.
TAC-8 MixEfx also allows you to freely route all inputs to all outputs and to create custom mixes for each pair of outputs. In addition, a variety of reverb and echo effects can be added on a per-channel / per-output basis. Complete mixes can then be stored in three different memory slots, allowing instant total recall.
|Included from Manufacturer||AD-19 Power Supply
Steinberg Cubase LE Software Online Download
|Audio Inputs||8 x XLR/TRS combo jacks
|Audio Outputs||5 x Stereo TRS jacks (L+R)
|Phantom Power||Switchable +48V phantom power|
|Low-Latency Direct Monitoring||No|
|Product Weight||4.4 pounds|
Zoom North America Limited Warranty
The warranty covers defects in material and workmanship in Zoom products purchased and serviced in the USA. The warranty begins on the date of purchase by the original purchaser and ends one (1) year hence.
The warranty does not cover:
- Products subjected to abnormal strain, neglect, abuse, modification, or accidental damage
- Products purchased from dealers or websites not authorized by Zoom North America to sell Zoom products
- Products with trademarks, logos, names, numbers, or other identifying information that have been altered or removed
- Damage occurring during shipment
- Any loss of digital information
The warranty protects the original purchaser of the product exclusively.
Zoom North America will repair or replace parts found, under normal usage, to have defective material or workmanship without charge for labor or parts.
To obtain warranty service:
- Return the warranty registration card within 10 days of original purchase, and be prepared to provide proof of purchase
- Return the product to an authorized dealer, Designated Service Center, or the Zoom North America Service Division for appropriate repairs/services
- If sending your product to Zoom North America, call for a Return Authorization Number first. For assistance in locating an agency or obtaining an RA number, contact Zoom North America. All shipping to and from the service facility must be paid for by customer
- Whenever warranty service is required, you must present both the original dated sales receipt and this warranty statement as proof of warranty coverage
Any implied warranties, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are limited in duration to the length of this warranty.
Zoom North America's liability for any defective product is limited to the repair and replacement of the product at Zoom North America's discretion. Replacement products may be reconditioned.
Zoom North America shall not be liable for damages based on inconvenience, loss of use, lost profits, lost savings, damage to any other equipment or items at the site of use, or any other damages whether incidental, consequential, or otherwise, even if Zoom North America has been advised to the possibility of such damages. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts and/or do not allow the exclusion or limitations of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may have other rights which vary from state to state.
When you place an order with Kraft Music, a confirmation will be sent to you via email, with details of your order, including method of shipping. Once your order leaves our facility, you will receive a shipping confirmation via email, with carrier name and tracking number. Many of the products we sell are shipped in the manufacturer box. These boxes will often have images, model numbers, and other text that indicate the contents inside. If your purchase is a gift, please make proper shipping arrangements or contact us about possible packaging options.
Kraft Music is able to ship to the continental US, HI, AK and PR.