Zoom U-44 Handy Audio Interface (Demo)
The U-44 is a compact, 4-in/4-out audio interface that enables you to record and perform wherever you are. Small enough to fit in the palm of your hand, the U-44 comes equipped with the features you need to record 24-bit/96 kHz audio anywhere.
The U-44 offers the same high-quality, low-noise mic preamps as Zoom's acclaimed H5 and H6 Handy Recorders, plus compatibility with thier Interchangeable Input Capsules for incredible possibilities. Use the U-44 with your PC, Mac, or iPad via USB—or as a standalone AD/DA converter and mic preamp. No other audio interface provides this much versatility, value, and performance.
- Multi-channel and stereo USB audio interface for PC/Mac
- Connect to iPad with Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit or Lightning-to-USB Camera Adapter (sold separately), plus 2 AA batteries or optional AC adapter for power
- Two mic/line inputs with high-performance mic preamps
- High-quality recording and playback at resolutions up to 24-bit/96 kHz
- Compatible with Zoom interchangeable input capsules via 10-pin connector
- Standalone AD/DA conversion
- Functions as a two-channel mic preamp with analog and digital outputs
- Approximately 4 hours of operation with 2 AA alkaline batteries
- Includes download code for Ableton Live 9 Lite
- Four-channel simultaneous inputs
- Hi-Z support (input 1)
- Zero-latency direct monitoring
- Three TRS phone jack outputs
- Dedicated RCA L/R and headphone outputs
- MIDI I/O
- S/PDIF optical/coaxial input and output
- Gain control knobs for each input
- +48V phantom power for inputs 1 and 2
- Accepts standard AA alkaline or NiMH rechargeable batteries
The World is Your Studio
Wherever you want to record, the bus-powered U-44 forms the perfect centerpiece of your mobile studio. Connect instruments, monitors, and other devices when you're recording at home—or hook it up to your iPad* to make music on the go. If bus power isn't available, the U-44 can run on just two AA batteries, allowing you to record anywhere.
* Requires 2 AA batteries or optional AC adapter for power, plus an Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit or Lightning-to-USB Camera Adapter for connection to iPad.
Can your interface do this?
Thanks to its 10-pin Zoom connector, the U-44 is compatible with all of our interchangeable input capsules (sold separately), representing a powerful field recording setup. Choose from six capsules—X/Y, Shock Mount X/Y, Mid-Side, Shotgun, Stereo Shotgun, and Dual XLR/TRS Combo Input—each with its own unique applications. Record the audience during your live performance, or connect a Zoom SSH-6 Stereo Shotgun for dialogue and sound design on your latest film project.
Pristine Recording and Playback
Inspired by Zoom's H-series recorders, the U-44 is equipped with high-performance, low-noise mic preamps that enable recording and playback at resolutions up to 24-bit/96 kHz. You can also use U-44 as a studio-quality headphone amp and listen to your favorite music in full fidelity.
It's All About Connections
The U-44 features a full array of inputs and outputs so you'll always be prepared. Two combo inputs with independent gain knobs and multi-color level indicators provide flexibility for connecting mics, keyboards, and mixers. 48V phantom power can be supplied to inputs 1 and 2, and input 1 supports Hi-Z input for connecting passive guitars, basses, and other instruments. MIDI I/O enables you to use electronic keyboards, controllers, synthesizers, and drum machines.
Multiple output options—including 1/4", RCA, and S/PDIF—allow you to connect DJ mixers, speakers, and more. Monitoring your mixes is easy thanks to a dedicated headphone output with independent volume control. The direct monitor knob makes it possible to blend your headphone mix between the input and playback signals—perfect for live electronic music performance and DJ'ing.
With advanced monitoring options, the U-44 lets you dial in the perfect mix with zero latency. Create a balanced headphone mix between your click track and main out signals during live performances. Or balance the cue and main out signals when you're DJ'ing.
Standalone AD/DA Conversion
When you’re transferring audio, high-quality AD/DA conversion is critical. The U-44 functions in standalone mode as a high-quality mic preamp and AD/DA converter to ensure complete transparency when converting audio formats. You can choose between a 44.1 or 48 kHz sampling rate for conversion.
- Connect digital audio gear to analog amps and mixers
- Create digital samples for your songs
- Digitize your analog records and tapes
- Transfer archived recordings to digital
Feature-Rich Mobile Recording
The U-44 is small enough to carry in your jacket pocket or backpack—without sacrificing features. Plus, all of the connectors and knobs are strategically positioned for fast access.
Includes Ableton Live 9 Lite
With the U-44 and Ableton Live 9 Lite, you have everything the modern music creator needs. Record your tracks quickly and intuitively, enhancing them with studio-quality effects like EQ, compression, reverb, delay, chorus, filter, and more.
|Included from Manufacturer||USB Cable
Ableton Live 9 Lite Software Download Code
|Digital Conversion||24-bit/96 kHz|
|Audio Inputs||2 x TRS/XLR Combo
1 x Zoom Mic Capsule Connector
1 x Optical S/PDIF
1 x Coxial S/PDIF
|Audio Outputs||2 x RCA Outs
1/4" L+R Main Out
1/4" x Headphone Out
1 x Optical S/PDIF
1 x Coxial S/PDIF
|Phantom Power||48V on Input 1 & 2|
|Low-Latency Direct Monitoring||Yes|
|Product Weight||10.9 oz|
Zoom North America Limited Warranty
The warranty covers defects in material and workmanship in Zoom products purchased and serviced in the USA. The warranty begins on the date of purchase by the original purchaser and ends one (1) year hence.
The warranty does not cover:
- Products subjected to abnormal strain, neglect, abuse, modification, or accidental damage
- Products purchased from dealers or websites not authorized by Zoom North America to sell Zoom products
- Products with trademarks, logos, names, numbers, or other identifying information that have been altered or removed
- Damage occurring during shipment
- Any loss of digital information
The warranty protects the original purchaser of the product exclusively.
Zoom North America will repair or replace parts found, under normal usage, to have defective material or workmanship without charge for labor or parts.
To obtain warranty service:
- Return the warranty registration card within 10 days of original purchase, and be prepared to provide proof of purchase
- Return the product to an authorized dealer, Designated Service Center, or the Zoom North America Service Division for appropriate repairs/services
- If sending your product to Zoom North America, call for a Return Authorization Number first. For assistance in locating an agency or obtaining an RA number, contact Zoom North America. All shipping to and from the service facility must be paid for by customer
- Whenever warranty service is required, you must present both the original dated sales receipt and this warranty statement as proof of warranty coverage
Any implied warranties, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are limited in duration to the length of this warranty.
Zoom North America's liability for any defective product is limited to the repair and replacement of the product at Zoom North America's discretion. Replacement products may be reconditioned.
Zoom North America shall not be liable for damages based on inconvenience, loss of use, lost profits, lost savings, damage to any other equipment or items at the site of use, or any other damages whether incidental, consequential, or otherwise, even if Zoom North America has been advised to the possibility of such damages. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts and/or do not allow the exclusion or limitations of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may have other rights which vary from state to state.