Zoom UAC-2 USB 3.0 Audio Interface
There are many two channel audio interfaces on the market today, but few offer the flexibility and performance of the Zoom UAC-2. Compatible with all popular recording software on Mac, PC and iPad (with the optional Apple Camera Connection Kit); the Zoom UAC-2 offers high-performance mic preamps, and ultra-low latency audio streaming via its USB 3.0 connection.
The two XLR/TRS combo jacks on the front panel accept both mic and line-level signals from either an XLR or 1/4" connection. Hi-Z guitar input switches allow you to connect an electric guitar or bass directly to the interface, and switchable +48V phantom power on both inputs allow for the connection of condenser microphones or other mics requiring phantom power. The UAC-2 also features MIDI in and out, and a direct monitoring switch for zero latency monitoring in mono or stereo. The UAC-2 is a serious interface in a portable, bus-powered package and is perfect for nearly any home recording situation.
- 2-in/2-out USB 3.0 SuperSpeed audio interface
- Support for recording and playback up to 24-bit/192kHz
- Ultra-low latency audio streaming (2.2ms roundtrip @ 96kHz / 32 samples)
- Two combo balanced XLR/TRS input connectors accept both mic and line-level signal
- Hi-Z switches allow direct connection of electric guitar or bass
- Switchable +48V phantom power
- Two balanced TRS output jacks for connection to amplifiers or self-powered speakers
- 1/4" headphone jack with dedicated level control
- Independent gain controls and clip LEDs for each input
- Large knob output volume control
- Direct Monitoring switch for zero latency monitoring in mono or stereo
- MIDI In and Out
- Compatible with all popular DAW software, including Cubase, Logic, Garage Band, Pro Tools, Ableton Live, and others
- High-performance mic preamps with up to +60dB of amplification
- 120dB of dynamic range
- 4x upsampling during A/D and D/A conversion for reduced noise and enhanced fidelity
- Asynchronous transfer system unaffected by computer jitter
- Bus powered—no AC power required
- Robust metal housing ensures roadworthiness
- Works with all USB 2.0 and 3.0-equipped computers and iPads*
* Optional power adapter and Apple Camera Connection kit or Lightning to USB Camera Adapter required.
Webcasting, podcasting, gaming, and live-streaming
Broadcast your creativity, enhance your gaming experience, and share your performance with the world. The UAC-2's Loopback function combines the input from connected mics, instruments, and line-level devices along with background music or other audio tracks being played back by your computer and then instantly routes a custom blend of the signals to your favorite streaming software.
Recording and archiving
Pair a UAC-2 with your choice of DAW software and create great audio in every type of recording environment. Connect a wide variety of microphones, line-level devices, and instruments. Use Direct Monitoring for zero latency overdubbing. Sync your MIDI controllers, sound modules, and drum machines. Archive your favorite recordings in high-resolution formats. The UAC-2 provides everything you need, in one compact device.
Desktop audio enhancement
Think your headphones and speakers already sound pretty great? Try plugging them into the UAC-2 instead of your computer's audio outputs and treat yourself to the true experience. Now you can enjoy streamed high-resolution audio—all the way up to 24-bit/192kHz—in full fidelity.
The UAC-2 is an incredibly versatile interface. It works with everything from legacy USB 2.0 laptops and desktops all the way up to the latest-generation Mac or Windows USB 3.0-equipped computers. Or plug in an AC adapter and Apple Camera Connection kit or Lightning to USB Camera Adapter (sold separately) and use it with your iPad!
USB 3.0 SuperSpeed
The USB 3.0 SuperSpeed transfer protocol supported by the UAC-2 is ten times faster than USB 2.0 and six times faster than FireWire 800. The result? Low latency (2.2ms roundtrip @ 96kHz / 32 samples) for improved performance from your DAW software, and a stable data stream that is unaffected by computer jitter (slight variations in timing), so there's no need to connect an external master clock source. What's more, the extra bus voltage carried by USB 3.0 (900 mA, as opposed to the 500 mA carried by USB 2.0) allows for the use of higher-end electronic components such as the advanced preamps and converters in the UAC-2.
AD / DA conversion
The UAC-2 uses high-end components such as the Burr Brown PCM4202 analog-to-digital converter and AKM AK4396 digital-to-analog converter. In addition, the UAC-2 performs 4-times upsampling during both analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog conversion. In other words, when the sampling frequency is set to 44.1kHz or 48kHz, the UAC-2 processes the signal at high resolution 176.4kHz or 192kHz. For A/D conversion, this means less aliasing noise; for D/A conversion, this means increased clarity and fidelity.
Make the MIDI connection
The UAC-2's MIDI input and output connectors ensure rock-solid synchronization between your computer and devices such as electronic keyboards, controllers, drum machines, and synthesizer or sampler modules.
The Ins and Outs
The USB 3.0 connector on the rear panel carries digital signal to and from your computer in addition to providing power to the UAC-2—no batteries or external power required. Dual front panel combo XLR/TRS inputs allow you to connect a wide variety of microphones as well as line-level signals from electronic keyboards and music players—even passive instruments such as electric guitars and basses.
Dual balanced TRS output jacks enable you to connect the UAC-2 to amplifiers or self-powered speakers, and there's an independent 1/4" stereo headphone jack with dedicated volume control for private monitoring of the input or output signal. The UAC-2 is the first-in-class USB interface that performs 4-times upsampling during both analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog conversion (so that, for example, when the sampling frequency is set to 44.1kHz or 48kHz, the signal is processed at high resolution 176.4kHz or 192kHz, respectively). For A/D conversion, this means less aliasing noise; for D/A conversion, this means increased clarity and fidelity.
Dedicated input gain controls and Clip LEDs make it easy to set optimum input levels, and a large Output knob enables fast control over overall output level. A phantom power switch applies +48 volts to the mic inputs, allowing you to use the UAC-2 with studio-quality condenser microphones, and a three-way Direct Monitoring switch enables monitoring of input signal with zero latency in both mono and stereo. MIDI In and Out connectors allow interfacing with devices such as electronic keyboards and drum machines. Last but not least, a Class Compliant Mode switch enables the UAC-2 to be connected to an iPad.*
* Optional power adapter and Apple Camera Connection kit required.
Extend your capabilities with software
UAC-2 MixEfx is a free Windows / Macintosh application designed specially by Zoom for the UAC-2. With UAC-2 MixEfx, you can set mix parameters and add high-quality effects such as reverb and echo. Other features include a low cut filter, phase reverse, AUTO GAIN control for each input. UAC-2 MixEfx even has three memory slots for saving user settings with quick recall.
|Included from Manufacturer||USB 3.0 Cable
Steinberg Cubase LE (download)
|Channels||2-in / 2-out|
|Connectivity||USB 3.0, MIDI|
|Audio Inputs||(2) Combo XLR/TRS|
|Audio Outputs||(2) Balanced TRS|
|Low-Latency Direct Monitoring||Yes|
|Unique Features||Gain Control per Channel|
Zoom North America Limited Warranty
The warranty covers defects in material and workmanship in Zoom products purchased and serviced in the USA. The warranty begins on the date of purchase by the original purchaser and ends one (1) year hence.
The warranty does not cover:
- Products subjected to abnormal strain, neglect, abuse, modification, or accidental damage
- Products purchased from dealers or websites not authorized by Zoom North America to sell Zoom products
- Products with trademarks, logos, names, numbers, or other identifying information that have been altered or removed
- Damage occurring during shipment
- Any loss of digital information
The warranty protects the original purchaser of the product exclusively.
Zoom North America will repair or replace parts found, under normal usage, to have defective material or workmanship without charge for labor or parts.
To obtain warranty service:
- Return the warranty registration card within 10 days of original purchase, and be prepared to provide proof of purchase
- Return the product to an authorized dealer, Designated Service Center, or the Zoom North America Service Division for appropriate repairs/services
- If sending your product to Zoom North America, call for a Return Authorization Number first. For assistance in locating an agency or obtaining an RA number, contact Zoom North America. All shipping to and from the service facility must be paid for by customer
- Whenever warranty service is required, you must present both the original dated sales receipt and this warranty statement as proof of warranty coverage
Any implied warranties, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are limited in duration to the length of this warranty.
Zoom North America's liability for any defective product is limited to the repair and replacement of the product at Zoom North America's discretion. Replacement products may be reconditioned.
Zoom North America shall not be liable for damages based on inconvenience, loss of use, lost profits, lost savings, damage to any other equipment or items at the site of use, or any other damages whether incidental, consequential, or otherwise, even if Zoom North America has been advised to the possibility of such damages. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts and/or do not allow the exclusion or limitations of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may have other rights which vary from state to state.