Zoom UAC-8 USB 3.0 Audio Interface
35TH ANNIVERSARY SALES EVENT!Click HERE for details. EXTENDED 'TILL JULY 22ND!
Mic the entire band with the Zoom UAC-8! The UAC-8 is a powerful and versatile audio interface offering ultra-low latency audio transfer via its USB 3.0 connection. With USB 3.0, the UAC-8 can achieve transfer speeds ten times faster than USB 2.0 and six times faster than FireWire 800. Also, it's compatible with nearly any computer, including iPad! (With optional Apple Camera Connection Kit)
Eight analog XLR/TRS combo inputs, all with switchable phantom power, allow you to connect up to eight microphones. Or plug your guitar right in; channel 1 and 2 have a switchable Hi-Z input to accept a signal directly from an electric guitar or bass.
In addition to the main output, the UAC-8 has eight discrete balanced TRS analog line outputs for multichannel monitoring or connection to external effects devices. Also, 8 ADAT and stereo S/PDIF digital inputs/outputs allow for the connection of up to 10 external channels, and built-in Word Clock enables easy integration into any system.
Need to connect MIDI devices? The UAC-8 has you covered there as well. MIDI In and Out is provided on the rear panel. All this is provided in an attractive and sturdy metal enclosure that is rack-mountable (1U space). The UAC-8 is a great choice for the centerpiece of your home studio.
- 18-in/20-out USB 3.0 SuperSpeed audio interface
- Record and play back 8 tracks simultaneously
- Support for up to 24-bit/192kHz high‐definition audio
- Ultra-low latency audio streaming (2.0ms roundtrip @ 96kHz / 32 samples)
- 8 combo balanced XLR/TRS analog input connectors accept both mic and line-level signal
- High‐performance mic preamps with up to +60dB of amplification
- Hi-Z switches allow direct connection of electric guitar or bass (INPUT1, INPUT2)
- Independent gain controls and clip LEDs for each input
- Switchable +48V phantom power (INPUTS 1‐4, INPUTS 5‐8)
- 10 balanced TRS output jacks for connection to mixers, amplifiers, self-powered speakers, or effects devices
- Dual front-panel 1/4" headphone outputs with dedicated volume controls
- Large knob output volume control
- 4x upsampling during A/D and D/A conversion for reduced noise and enhanced fidelity
- Asynchronous transfer system unaffected by computer jitter
- Robust metal housing ensures roadworthiness
- S/PDIF IN/OUT: 2IN / 2OUT, up to 24‐bit/192kHz audio resolution
- ADAT Optical IN/OUT: 2 IN / 2 OUT at 192/176.4kHz (S/MUX4 compatible), 4 IN/4 OUT at 96/88.2kHz (S/MUX compatible), 8 IN / 8 OUT at 48/44.1kHz
- Word Clock in/out
- Clock source indicator
- MIDI in/out
- Rack-mountable (1U space)
- Works with all USB 2.0 and 3.0-equipped computers and iPads*
- Steinberg Cubase LE software download
* Apple Camera Connection kit or Lightning to USB Camera Adapter required.
USB 3.0 SuperSpeed
The USB 3.0 SuperSpeed transfer protocol used by the UAC-8 is ten times faster than USB 2.0 and six times faster than FireWire 800. The result? Low latency (2.0ms roundtrip @ 96kHz / 32 samples) for improved performance from your DAW software, and a stable data stream that is unaffected by computer jitter (slight variations in timing), so there's no need to connect an external master clock source.
AD / DA conversion
The UAC-8 uses high-end components such as the AKM AK5388 analog-to-digital converter and AKM AK4413 digital-to-analog converter. In addition, the UAC-8 performs 4-times upsampling during both analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog conversion. In other words, when the sampling frequency is set to 44.1kHz or 48kHz, the UAC-8 processes the signal at high resolution 176.4kHz or 192kHz. For A/D conversion, this means less aliasing noise; for D/A conversion, this means increased clarity and fidelity.
In standalone mode, the UAC-8 can be used as an 8-channel mic preamp and analog-to-digital or digital-to-analog converter without being connected to a computer.
The UAC-8 is one of the most versatile interfaces ever. It works with everything from legacy USB 2.0 laptops and desktops all the way up to the latest-generation Mac or Windows USB 3.0-equipped computers. Or plug in an Apple Camera Connection kit or Lightning to USB Camera Adapter (sold separately) and use it with your iPad!
Analog I/O - 18 inputs and 20 ouptuts
The UAC-8 provides a wide variety of both analog and digital connectors. Eight front panel combo XLR/TRS inputs accept mic- and line-level signals, and you can even plug instruments directly into Inputs 1 and 2. Dedicated input gain controls and Clip LEDs make it easy to set optimum input levels, and a Phantom Power switch enables the use of condenser microphones.
The UAC-8 has dual balanced analog TRS output jacks for connection to monitors, and there are also eight discrete balanced TRS analog line outputs for multichannel monitoring or connection to external effects devices.
A large front-panel Output knob offers fast control over output level, and there are two independent 1/4" stereo headphone jacks, each with its own dedicated volume control, for private monitoring.
Digital I/O, MIDI
8 ADAT and stereo S/PDIF digital inputs/outputs allow for the connection of up to 10 external channels, and built-in Word Clock enables easy integration into any system. Also, MIDI In and Out is provided to allow interfacing with devices such as electronic keyboards and drum machines.
Extend your capabilities with software
UAC-8 MixEfx is a free application designed specially by Zoom for the UAC-8. It provides a comprehensive onscreen mixer, with independent level, phase reversal, and panning control for each channel. UAC-8 MixEfx also allows you to freely route all inputs to all outputs and to create custom mixes. In addition, MixEfx features effects like reverb and echo, and complete mixes can be stored in three different memory slots, allowing instant recall..
|Included from Manufacturer||USB 3.0 Cable
AD-19 Power Supply
Steinberg Cubase LE (download)
|Connectivity||USB 3.0, MIDI|
|Audio Inputs||8 XLR/TRS Combo Analog Inputs
ADAT Optical Input
|Audio Outputs||10 Balanced TRS Analog Outputs
ADAT Optical Out
|Low-Latency Direct Monitoring||No|
|Unique Features||Gain Control per Channel|
Zoom North America Limited Warranty
The warranty covers defects in material and workmanship in Zoom products purchased and serviced in the USA. The warranty begins on the date of purchase by the original purchaser and ends one (1) year hence.
The warranty does not cover:
- Products subjected to abnormal strain, neglect, abuse, modification, or accidental damage
- Products purchased from dealers or websites not authorized by Zoom North America to sell Zoom products
- Products with trademarks, logos, names, numbers, or other identifying information that have been altered or removed
- Damage occurring during shipment
- Any loss of digital information
The warranty protects the original purchaser of the product exclusively.
Zoom North America will repair or replace parts found, under normal usage, to have defective material or workmanship without charge for labor or parts.
To obtain warranty service:
- Return the warranty registration card within 10 days of original purchase, and be prepared to provide proof of purchase
- Return the product to an authorized dealer, Designated Service Center, or the Zoom North America Service Division for appropriate repairs/services
- If sending your product to Zoom North America, call for a Return Authorization Number first. For assistance in locating an agency or obtaining an RA number, contact Zoom North America. All shipping to and from the service facility must be paid for by customer
- Whenever warranty service is required, you must present both the original dated sales receipt and this warranty statement as proof of warranty coverage
Any implied warranties, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are limited in duration to the length of this warranty.
Zoom North America's liability for any defective product is limited to the repair and replacement of the product at Zoom North America's discretion. Replacement products may be reconditioned.
Zoom North America shall not be liable for damages based on inconvenience, loss of use, lost profits, lost savings, damage to any other equipment or items at the site of use, or any other damages whether incidental, consequential, or otherwise, even if Zoom North America has been advised to the possibility of such damages. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts and/or do not allow the exclusion or limitations of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may have other rights which vary from state to state.
When you place an order with Kraft Music, a confirmation will be sent to you via email, with details of your order, including method of shipping. Once your order leaves our facility, you will receive a shipping confirmation via email, with carrier name and tracking number. Many of the products we sell are shipped in the manufacturer box. These boxes will often have images, model numbers, and other text that indicate the contents inside. If your purchase is a gift, please make proper shipping arrangements or contact us about possible packaging options.
Kraft Music is able to ship to the continental US, HI, AK and PR.