"Overall, I'm very pleased with the BUNDLE purchase. Kraft Music is VERY reliable. Service is top notch. The shipping went without a hitch. I received my piano at my Florida home exactly at the promised time and I was able to track every step of the shipment en route." - Michael, IL
"I have to tell you I have never come across such excellent service from beginning to follow up - ever! Product was shipped the very next day - tracking # provided - shipment arrived in 2 days, shipping was included in package deal, product was packaged with care, excellent product at a very reasonable price! It was perfect all the way through!" - Jeff, PA
Consider Your Sources
Your personal studio is well equipped with a great interface and a CD player with an S/PDIF digital output. Perhaps you also need to listen to audio from a third source, such as a tape deck, or you want to be able to audition two different stereo mixes from the interface. The Monitor Station V2 provides a convenient desktop control center where you can switch between these sources without compromising the sound quality.
Switch between two pairs of balanced 1/4" TRS and a third input channel that can be fed from an S/PDIF digital input (44.1, 48, 88.2, and 96 kHz), one pair of unbalanced RCA aux inputs with gain control, and a 1/8" TRS unbalanced input that is summed with the RCA Aux inputs. A button switches between the analog Aux and digital S/PDIF inputs.
The Monitor Station allows each of the stereo inputs (TRS1, TRS2, aux) to be routed to one of two audio paths: main and cue. You also can route two separate signals (main and cue) to each of the four headphone amplifiers, which we’ll discuss shortly.
For example, send a mix with a click track to the TRS 2 input while sending the main mix to TRS 1; you can then enable the headphone amplifiers to carry either the cue or the main mix. The main audio path always feeds what you will hear in the control room.
Manage Your Destinations
Your small monitors and your large monitors both sound great but they’re constructed differently and each reveals things the other doesn’t. That’s why you have both. And you have a beloved vintage set of monitors that you’ll never surrender. But if you have to manually repatch the three sets of monitors one more time, you’re going to freak out. No worries! With Monitor Station V2, you can switch between the three sets of monitors instantly! Not only that, you can set each set of speakers’ level individually so that when you switch between speakers, your monitoring level stay the same.
Start with three left/right pairs of balanced 1/4" TRS speaker outputs, each with a level control. Add to that a left/right pair of line-level, balanced 1/4" TRS main outs and left and right balanced 1/4" TRS cue outputs with level control. The main speaker level (but not the line-level outs) is controlled with a flagrantly large, blue knob on the Monitor Station V2’s control surface.
All speakers can be simultaneously available, or just one pair at a time, or you can choose between speakers A and B, with speaker output C remaining active to feed a subwoofer.
The Desktop Monitor-Management Solution
You don't need to spend a fortune to get a versatile, high-quality studio control center with professional features. Put your monitoring system conveniently on your desktop and under your fingers with the PreSonus Monitor Station V2.
3 sets of stereo analog inputs let you switch between sources
3 sets of stereo speaker outputs with:
- Speaker select switches
- Separate level control for each speaker pair
- 4 balanced 1/4" analog line inputs (2 L/R pairs)
- 2 unbalanced RCA analog line inputs (1 L/R pair) with phono preamp (switchable in/out) and level control
- 1 S/PDIF digital input
- Built-in electret-condenser talkback mic with level control
- 6 balanced 1/4", line-level speaker outputs (3 L/R pairs) with separate, passive level controls
- 2 balanced 1/4", line-level main outputs (1 L/R pair) with source selection
- 2 balanced 1/4", line-level cue outputs (1 L/R pair) with source selection
- 4 stereo 1/4" headphone outputs with separate volume controls and independent input source selection
Meters, Controls, and Features
- Aux/cue section with:
- Cue source switches (all sources can be simultaneously available)
- Aux-input level control
- Cue output-level control
- Phono preamp (switchable in/out)
- Main section with:
- Source switches (all sources can be simultaneously available)
- Output-level control
- Mute and mono switches
- Dim (-20 dB) switch with variable attenuation control
- Dual 8-segment LED input meters with selectable +4, +10, or +18 dBu reference level
- 4 screaming-loud stereo headphone amplifiers with separate volume controls and independent input-source selection
- Built-in electret-condenser talkback microphone with level control (feeds headphone and cue outputs)
- 8.5" (W) x 2.5" (H) x 9" (D) desktop-type chassis