Boss DD-500 Digital Delay DECKSAVER KIT
This Kraft Music Bundle Includes
Boss DD-500 Digital Delay
Filled with Boss technology, the DD-500 is the most powerful and versatile stompbox delay ever created. This incredible sound-creation toolbox offers 12 distinctive delay modes with exceptional audio quality, plus deep editing controls, a graphic display, patch memories, MIDI, and much more.
Decksaver Boss 500 Series Cover
Your Boss 500 Series pedals deserve care during downtime with the kind of protection only Decksaver covers can provide. Designed and precision-moulded in-house to ensure a perfect fit whilst accommodating cables, our cover shields delicate controls and internal components from damage at home, on the road and in the studio.
Masterful Sound, Extraordinary Creative Power
Filled with BOSS technology, the DD-500 is the most powerful and versatile stompbox delay ever created. This incredible sound-creation toolbox offers 12 distinctive delay modes with exceptional audio quality, plus deep editing controls, a graphic display, patch memories, MIDI, and much more. From basic echo to dead-on emulations of classic delays to incredibly lush, spatial textures that take your breath away, the DD-500 will launch your music places you never thought possible.
- Studio-level stereo sound with 32-bit/96 kHz processing throughout
- 12 versatile delay modes from vintage to modern deliver unlimited creative possibilities
- Unrivaled real-time expression with customizable control settings for onboard and external switches
- Graphic LCD for easy, intuitive operation while performing and editing
- Onboard patch memories and hands-on controls
- Equipped with a built-in Phrase Looper, MIDI, USB, and more
- Selectable buffered or true-bypass operation
Twelve Versatile Delay Modes and Deep Editing Options
With the DD-500’s 12 delay modes, you can create any delay sound you can imagine, and then some. Everything you need is here, from warm, gritty vintage delays and tape echo to complex modern delay lines that employ pitch shifting, filtering, and other unique processing. With the hands-on knobs, it’s easy to shape essential parameters and create great sounds immediately. Each delay type also includes a semi-parametric four-band EQ, modulation, ducking, and many other parameters, allowing you to dive deep and refine tones with maximum precision.
Unparalleled Sound Quality
In the DD-500, every delay mode has been carefully crafted with for a unique sonic personality and highly musical tones at every setting, realized by high-powered DSP running at 32-bit/96 kHz. And while the DD-500’s delay effects are high-end digital, your straight guitar tone remains 100-percent analog at all times, with your choice of buffered or true-bypass operation. In addition to strengthening the analog dry signal, buffered bypass has the added benefit of enabling carryover, so delay trails are not cut off unnaturally when the effect is switched off.
Advanced Features for Stage and Studio Use
In the world of sophisticated delay stomps, the DD-500 stands alone in practical usability. The large, integrated LCD fully supports the pedal’s immense capabilities, giving you clear visibility of delay time, patch ID, and more on one screen, plus sane navigation for detailed parameter tweaks, naming, and system management. And via USB, it’s simple to connect to your computer for patch backup and MIDI control with your favorite DAW.
Intensive Real-Time Control
With its freely assignable controls, the DD-500 delivers unmatched creative expression and performance flexibility. By default, the A, B, and TAP/CTL switches offer intuitive control for two patches, bypass, bank selection, tap tempo, and more. However, they can be customized to operate in alternate ways, such as providing top-level access to three different delay patches, or allowing you to use two patches at once for layered delay sounds. Instead of tap tempo, you’re able to assign the TAP/CTL switch to various real-time functions like Warp or Twist for a wide range of expressive effects. Even more parameters can be manipulated via an optional expression pedal or external switches, and MIDI I/O opens up many additional control options with advanced setups.
- Standard—Clear digital delay.
- Analog—Emulates classic analog “BBD” delays like the BOSS DM series.
- Tape—Emulates the warm sound of tape-based delay units, including the Maestro Echoplex and legendary Roland RE-201 Space Echo.
- Vintage Digital—Emulations of early digital delays from the 1980s, including Roland’s famous SDE-2000 and SDE-3000 rack units and the BOSS DD-2, the original stompbox digital delay.
- Dual—Two different delay lines that can be connected in series or parallel.
- Pattern—Sixteen different delay lines that can be set independently for all types of unique rhythmic effects.
- Reverse—Backwards delay for cool psychedelic effects and other unique tones.
- SFX—“Special effects” delay with a highly unique sound character.
- Shimmer—Pitch-shifted delays for lush, heavenly textures.
- Filter—Delay with a sweeping filter.
- Slow Attack—Ethereal delays that fade in with playing dynamics.
- Tera Echo—Spacious, animated ambience effect derived from the innovative BOSS TE-2 pedal.
DD-500 Assignable Control Functions
The following functions can be assigned to the DD-500’s onboard TAP/CTL switch and/or optional external footswitches. These assignments are stored as part of a patch.
- Tap—Set the delay in time with a song’s tempo.
- Hold—The delay’s feedback is held continuously while the switch is pressed.
- Warp—Increases the delay’s feedback and level simultaneously for powerful, expressive effects.
- Twist—Adjusts multiple delay parameters with a single press, creating wild sounds similar to twisting the panel knobs in real time.
- Moment—Outputs the delay sound only when you hold down the switch.
- Roll 1/2—Cuts the delay time to 1/2 of the current setting when you hold down the switch.
- Roll 1/4—Cuts the delay time to 1/4 of the current setting when you hold down the switch.
- Roll 1/8—Cuts the delay time to 1/8 of the current setting when you hold down the switch.
- Fade In—Fades in the delay sound.
- Fade Out—Fades out the delay sound.
- Assign 1-8—Allows you to assign and control up to eight different delay parameters at once.
|Included from Manufacturer||(4) Alkaline AA Batteries|
|Effects||12 Delay Modes - Standard, Analog, Tape, Vintage Digital, Dual, Pattern, Tera Echo, Slow Attack, Filter, Shimmer, SFX|
|Patches / Programs||198 (99 banks x 2 [A] [B]), 297 (99 banks x 3 [A] [B] [C])|
|Audio Inputs||(1) 1/4" In A/MONO
|Audio Outputs||(1) 1/4" Out A/MONO
|Pedal Switches||(3) Foot-switches|
|On-Board Expression Pedal||No|
|Control Connections||CTL 1,2/EXP jack: 1/4-inch TSR phone type|
|Power Adaptor||AC adaptor: PSA series (Sold Separately)|
|Unique Features||Unrivaled real-time expression with customizable control settings for onboard and external switches|
Roland/Boss Consumer Limited Warranty
This limited warranty applies only to Roland and Boss products purchased in the United States of America.
Roland Corporation U.S. warrants to the first consumer only of a covered product purchased from an authorized Roland dealer in the U.S. that this product will be free from defects in materials for a period of five (5) years or defects in workmanship for a period of two (2) years. Please register this product online to establish the date of purchase (not a requirement for warranty service).
To exercise your rights under this Warranty as a purchaser, you must ship this product in appropriate packaging at your expense (insurance is recommended), together with proof of purchase, to Roland Corporation U.S., or to such other address as may be instructed by Roland Corporation U.S. (This shipping requirement shall not apply to those Roland products covered by in-home warranties). You should submit a new service request to obtain a Return Authorization number for the returned product. Any products shipped to Roland Corporation U.S. without a Return Authorization number shall be refused.
Roland Corporation U.S. will repair or replace this product at its sole option at no charge to you for parts or for labor within the warranty period; provided, however, that Roland Corporation U.S. reserves the right to determine whether the product is 'defective' for purposes of this Limited Warranty. This Warranty does not apply to damage to this product that occurred as a result of abuse or misuse, abnormal service or handling, battery leakage or failure, damage which may have been caused either directly or indirectly by another product, or if the product has been altered or modified in any way, or if the damage was caused by repairs or service provided or attempted by anyone other than Roland Corporation U.S. or a Roland Authorized Service Center.
In no event shall Roland Corporation U.S. be liable for any indirect, incidental, collateral, exemplary, punitive, consequential or special damages or losses arising out of your purchase of products and/or out of this warranty, including without limitation, loss of use, profits, goodwill or savings or loss of data, music, electronic files, or programs that may have been stored by a user of the product even if Roland Corporation U.S. has been advised of the possibility of such damages or claims. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental, punitive, or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
Where applicable, if you qualify as a 'consumer' under the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, then you shall be entitled to any implied warranties allowed by law for the period of the Limited Warranty as set forth above. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you. Except as stated above, the foregoing warranties are in lieu of all other conditions or warranties, express, implied or statutory, including without limitation, an implied condition or warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose and of any other warranty obligation on the part of Roland Corporation U.S.
Roland Corporation U.S. does not assume or authorize assumption of liability for it or any other warranty, either express or implied. This Limited Warranty gives U.S. purchasers specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from State to State.
- Ground shipping is FREE for all orders $99 and up.
- Our central, midwest location ensures fast delivery times.
- See below for transit day estimates. Please note, these are estimates and are not guaranteed.
Generally, package estimated transit days are as follows:
- Upper Midwest: 1-3 days
- Central US, South East US, and East Coast: 2-4 days
- West Central US: 3-5 days
- West Coast: 4-6 days
- Alaska & Hawaii: 7+ days