OTO Machines BOUM Warming Unit
Applying for Financing is Quick and Easy!
- Apply: There are two easy ways to apply for financing. A credit application can be completed over the phone in a matter of minutes with a Kraft Music team member. Applications can also be completed online.
- Purchase: All financing orders are completed over the phone. Once you're approved, give us a call at 800-783-3368 to place your order! Or you can contact us and set up a time that works best for you!
Terms and Conditions
*Qualifying purchase amount must be on one receipt. No interest will be charged on the promo purchase if you pay it off, in full, within the promo period. If you do not, interest will be charged on the promo purchase from the purchase date. The required minimum monthly payments may or may not pay off the promo purchase by the end of the promo period. Regular account terms apply to non-promo purchases and, after promo period ends, to the remaining promo balance. For new accounts: Purchase APR is 29.99%. Minimum interest charge is $2. Existing cardholders: See your credit card agreement terms. Subject to credit approval.
Credit is extended by Synchrony Bank.
OTO Machines BOUM is a full analog stereo warming unit, combining an easy-to-use compressor, a versatile distortion generator and a smooth low pass filter. BOUM is the perfect tool when you need to add warmth, thickness and character to your sounds, but also apply severe distortion and extreme compression treatments.
BOUM is based on an original and unique circuit, including the following stages:
- Input gain: boost your signal up to +18dB to adapt BOUM to many signal levels and also improve the distortion content and compression sensitivity.
- Compressor: with a single knob, control the 3 essential parameters of a compressor – threshold, ratio and makeup gain – without even thinking about how a compressor works! The ratio ranges from 1:1 (no compression) to inf.:1 (limiter), but also negative compression up to 1:-1! 6 different Attack and release times are available for fine tuning.
- Lo cut filter: attenuate the distortion content of the bass frequencies, making your distorted sound easier to mix with the original one, with this 6 dB/octave lo cut filter.
- Distortion generator: choose one of the 4 different distortion circuits.
- Boost: soft clipping amplifier, perfect for subtle harmonic enhancement.
- Tube: asymmetrical tube distortion emulator based on MOSFET technology. Generate mostly a second harmonic distortion.
- Fuzz: symmetrical hard clipping amplifier, similar to an overdriven mixer preamp.
- Square: pure square wave generator based on a comparator. The ultimate fuzz!
- Hi cut filter: soften the high frequencies with this smooth and musical 12 dB/octave low pass filter.
- Noise gate: remove noise coming from the different treatments or use it for interesting 'chopping' effects.
All these analog effects are packaged in a compact format with 36 user presets and full MIDI control.
BOUM will give you a wide range of compression, distortion and filtering effects, ranging from subtle harmonic enhancement to an insane square distortion and everything in between!
- Analog signal path and sidechain
- One knob compressor (ratio 1:1 to 1:-1) with attack and release parameters
- 36 user presets
- Gate with threshold up to 0 dB for production purpose
- Input gain up to +18 dB
- 4 distortions
- Variable hi cut filter: 12 dB/octave, from 20 kHz to 10 Hz
- Lo cut filter: flat, 75 Hz, 150 Hz, 300 Hz
- MIDI CCs for all knobs and parameters
- Responds to MIDI Program Change
- Responds to note
- Nice and simple user interface via 16 white LEDs
- Rugged steel enclosure
- Neutrik jack connectors
- Power supply included
- Dimensions 5.71" × 5.71" × 2.56"
- Weight 1.68 lbs.
|Included from Manufacturer||Power Supply|
|Patches / Programs||(36) preset locations|
|Audio Inputs||Dual 1/4" stereo|
|Audio Outputs||Dual 1/4" stereo|
|On-Board Expression Pedal||No|
|Control Connections||MIDI in with support for MIDI CC on all parameters and MIDI Program Change|
|Power Adaptor||Included 15 volts DC 0.5 amps, center positive|
|Product Weight||1.68 lbs.|
|Unique Features||Four distortion circuits
One-knob compressor with attack and release parameters
Gate with threshold up to 0 dB
OTO Machines Warranty
BOUM is sold with one year full warranty. This warranty covers all malfunctions that may occur from normal use, and does not cover damage due to abuse, faulty connections or operation under other than specified conditions.
Warranty is void when serial number is unreadable, when the device is repaired by unauthorized persons, opened, or tampered with in any way, or if the product was not sold to the end user through an authorized dealer or the OTO Machines website.
This warranty is limited to replacement or repair of the product.
The unit can only be returned for repair after agreement from OTO Machines. Customer covers shipping cost of faulty BOUM to OTO Machines and OTO Machines covers shipping cost back to customer.
SHIPPING DELAYS ARE A WORLD WIDE EXPERIENCE
You may have seen the images of ships stacking up on the west coast, waiting for their turn to port. This combined with the increased demand for domestic shipping of products from all industries across our nation has resulted in a rapidly fluctuating climate for receiving and shipping products. While we do our best to offer accurate shipping estimates, please remember that complications can arise which may be beyond our control. Know that Kraft Music is here to assist in any way that we can.
- Ground shipping is FREE for all orders $99 and up.
- Our central, midwest location ensures fast delivery times.
- See below for transit day estimates. Please note, these are estimates and are not guaranteed.
Though forcasting shipping times has become increasingly difficult, general FedEx package estimated transit days are as follows:
- Upper Midwest: 1-3 days
- Central US, South East US, and East Coast: 2-4 days
- West Central US: 3-5 days
- West Coast: 4-6 days
- Alaska & Hawaii: 7+ days