Roland SH-4d Desktop Synthesizer
36 MONTHS SPECIAL FINANCING**
Applying for Financing is Quick and Easy!
- Apply: There are two easy ways to apply for financing. A credit application can be completed over the phone in a matter of minutes with a Kraft Music team member. Applications can also be completed online.
- Purchase: All financing orders are completed over the phone. Once you're approved, give us a call at 800-783-3368 to place your order! Or you can contact us and set up a time that works best for you!
Terms and Conditions
NO INTEREST FOR 36 MONTHS**
On qualifying purchases made with your Synchrony credit card 8/9/23 - 9/30/23. 36 Equal Monthly Payments required.
**Qualifying purchase amount must be on one receipt. No interest will be charged, and equal monthly payments are required on promo purchase until it is paid in full. The payments equal the initial total promo purchase amount divided by the number of months in the promo period, rounded up to the next whole dollar. These payments may be higher than the payments that would be required if this purchase was a non-promo purchase. Regular account terms apply to non-promo purchases. New Account APR is 29.99%/Minimum Interest Charge is $2. Existing cardholders: See your credit card agreement terms. Subject to credit approval
Credit is extended by Synchrony Bank.
- CELEBRATE SYNTHS OF SUMMER!FREE Limited Edition Synths of Summer shirt with purchase.
Meet Roland SH-4d, a powerhouse desktop synth with hands-on workflow and deep synthesis tools for designing the sounds of yesterday, today and tomorrow. Create spontaneous musical moments with 11 oscillator models, a multitimbral pattern sequencer, extensive effects and plenty of polyphony. With its loaded panel, dynamic controls, motion recording and more you can craft evolving sounds and compositions as fast as the ideas come. Equally suited for studio, stage and traveling, SH-4d is an incredibly versatile synth that unleashes inspiration from the moment you power on.
- Compact desktop synthesizer with professional sound design tools, intuitive hands-on workflow and onboard pattern sequencer
- Eleven oscillator models cover everything from vintage analog and classic PCM tones to cutting-edge digital textures
- Oscillator models include a bespoke SH-4d native engine, Wavetable, Cross FM, Juno-106, SH-101 and more
- Four independent synth parts and a dedicated rhythm part with up to 60 voices of total polyphony
- Rhythm part with selectable waveforms, powerful synthesis controls, layering capability and more for individual sound design per instrument
- Fully loaded direct-access panel with 32 knobs, four sliders and a massive array of buttons
- Top-level interface workflow reconfigures the LCD and panel controls for the selected oscillator model or performance mode to eliminate menu diving and creative slowdowns
- Dedicated filter, amplifier and LFO sections with comprehensive controls
- Advanced matrix for modulating multiple assignable parameters
- Button keyboard with a two-plus octave range for self-contained music creation
- Multitimbral sequencer with 128 patterns, realtime recording, two step-entry modes and motion recording
- Probability and sub-step settings per note for tones and rhythm parts in pattern sequences
- Unique D-Motion and Visual Arpeggio for creating performance effects by physically moving SH-4d
- Extensive onboard sound processing with multi-effects for each tone plus global multi-effects, reverb, chorus, delay and more
- USB-C audio/MIDI interface and 5-pin MIDI I/O
- Clock input for synchronizing with modular synths and other Roland gear
- 1/8" stereo external audio input for pass-through mixing other synths such as Aira Compact and Roland Boutique instruments
- Rugged portable design powered by batteries or USB-C
All the Models in one box
Eleven OSC Models put a diverse range of sound-making power at your command, from vintage analog synths and PCM-based sounds to cutting-edge digital tones. There's a flexible drum synthesizer too, with rich tone-shaping capabilities for creating custom kits from scratch.
Inspired by legendary Roland SH synths, the SH-4d OSC Model lets you build thick vintage analog-style sounds with up to four different waveforms. Or choose the SH-3D Model, which swaps an extra LFO for the fourth part. There's also a jammable Chord Model for creating complex chord changes with single notes and simple slider movements.
Craft crisp modern textures with the two-operator Cross FM Model. Develop complex morphing tones with the powerful Wavetable Model. Or use the Drawing Model to design your own waveforms and build sounds never heard before.
Fashion bold metallic textures with the Ring Model, which offers deep sound-shaping via crossfade parameters, waveshapes, tuning and more. And with the Sync Model, it's easy to create oscillator sync tones with evolving harmonic richness and powerful envelope control.
SH-4d also comes loaded with influential voices from Roland's historic past. Create classic analog flavors with the authentic sounds of the SH-101 and Juno-106 Models and anchor your tracks with the PCM Model and its large selection of sample-based sounds from Roland's deep library.
The dedicated rhythm part features 49 preset kits and 64 slots for storing your own. You get 26 instruments in a kit, each with up to two layered waveforms, dedicated EQs and a slate of synthesis tools for shaping sounds to perfection.
SH-4d puts everything you need for professional sound design at your fingertips, with instantly accessible controls and a clever, dynamic interface that lets you work at the speed of your imagination.
Fully loaded panel
Craft tones and perform in the moment with 32 knobs, four sliders and a massive array of multi-function buttons. The LCD, sliders and buttons automatically reconfigure their functions to follow the selected mode, eliminating menu-dive roadblocks that slow your creative flow.
Grab-and-go synth controls
Whether building tones or creating patterns, the Filter, Amp and LFO sections are always ready to shape what you're working on. The ladder filter offers multi-mode operation with interactive drive and resonance, full envelope control and an independent high pass filter to instantly tighten any sound. The Amp section provides ADSR and quick level adjustment, while the deep LFO section features numerous waveform types, fade, filter, pitch and more.
Build sounds fast
The dynamic OSC section puts the most important creative parameters within easy reach. Shape sounds from scratch by starting from a clean slate, or call up preset and user tone libraries for each Model and begin tweaking from there.
Enter the Matrix
With the powerful Matrix section, you can use LFOs, envelopes or external MIDI sources to modulate Model parameters. Easily set assignments by grabbing knobs and dive deep into detailed settings via the intuitive menu structure.
Music that moves
Among its many tricks, SH-4d features built-in motion sensors that allow you to pick up the synth and tweak sounds with physical movements as you perform. Use D-Motion to control two assignable parameters for the X/Y axis. Or call up the unique Visual Arpeggio to shape note patterns via fun interactive displays.
The SH-4d sequencer is always on hand, ready to transform your sound ideas into compact loops or extended compositions. The tactile interface works in tandem with your sound design moves, making it easy to discover new tones and textures as patterns play. With up to 60 notes of polyphony, you have enough power to realize complete musical ideas in the box.
SH-4d offers rapid-fire Roland sequencing with four synth parts and a dedicated rhythm part. Use two different step recording modes to enter up to eight notes per step or realtime recording mode to capture playing as you go. Fine tune note velocity and other settings with detailed list editing, and manipulate patterns with reverse/random playback, first step/last step and other powerful performance features.
Mix and mute
In Pattern mode, SH-4d's OSC section and LCD transform into a mixer for finessing levels and arranging on the spot. Control part volumes, muting and panning and view effect send levels at a glance. When you're not in Pattern mode, you can mute/unmute parts and individual pattern steps with quick button presses.
Drop into realtime recording to capture knob and slider movements whenever you're ready. To refine your motion moves, record another pass or open the list editor and start tweaking. If you want to start over, you can easily clear all motion in a pattern with one command.
Tools for surprise
SH-4d provides lots of additional ways to infuse your creations with color and detail. Set probability amounts per step to invite unpredictability and add sub-steps for flams and ratchets. And along with the Visual Arpeggio feature, there's a traditional arpeggiator to capture moving note patterns as you record.
SH-4d is filled with renowned Roland effects to frost, finesse, rough up or mangle your tones and patterns. Using focused controls and dynamic menus, you can quickly call up effect types, adjust parameters, set send levels and more while creating and performing.
MFX to the max
Each sequencer part has a dedicated multi-effects processor with 95 effect types to explore. From filter, drive and lo-fi effects to delays, pitch shifters, phasers, flangers and the famous Juno chorus, you're sure to find what you need for any style.
SH-4d includes shared chorus, delay and reverb effects with send controls for each part and top-level buttons for fast on/off access. There's also an MFX processor for the pattern output, plus a system EQ and compressor for fine-tuning the overall mix.
Stay in the flow wherever you go
SH-4d packs a lot of versatility into a portable design that flows with any creative scenario.
Bring your friends
SH-4d excels as a sound module and controller in a more extensive hardware setup, with 5-pin MIDI I/O, a dedicated clock input and a 1/8" stereo audio input for an Aira Compact, Roland Boutique or other external instrument.
Powerful production partner
With the integrated USB-C audio/MIDI interface, you can record 12 discrete audio channels directly into your DAW. The primary panel knobs, D-Motion and Visual Arpeggio also send CC messages, enabling you to use SH-4d as a full-featured control surface for software instruments and MIDI hardware.
Your mobile synthesis studio
SH-4d runs on a standard USB-C phone charger or AA batteries for up to four hours. The rugged, grab-and-go design lets you create non-stop, whether in the studio, on the road or lounging around the house.
|Included from Manufacturer||USB-C to USB-A cable
4 × AA batteries
|Number of Keys||26|
|Key Action||Button/switch keyboard|
|Programs/Presets||256 user memory sound patches
128 user memory sequencer patterns
|Voices of Polyphony||60 voices (varies according to the sound generator load)|
|Oscillators per Voice||Varies by Sound Engine|
|Multitimbral||5 parts: 4 tone parts, 1 rhythm part|
|Effects||5 multi-effects systems with 93 effects types
9 reverb types
5 chorus types
5 delay types
93 master effect types
|Sequencer||5 parts of 64 steps each
Sub-steps, flam and probability settings
Step, realtime and motion recording
128 user memory sequencer patterns
|Audio File Playback||No|
|MIDI||In, Out, USB|
|USB Port (to Host)||MIDI, Audio, System Updates|
|Audio Inputs||1/8" stereo mix input|
|Audio Outputs||Dual 1/4" stereo main output
1/4" stereo headphone output
|Control Connections||1/8" external click/sync input|
|Onboard Controllers||D-Motion motion sensor|
|Product Weight||3 lb 15 oz.|
Roland Limited Warranty
This product is warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use for a period of one (1) year for parts and and ninety (90) days for labor from the date of purchase.
- Ground shipping is FREE for all orders $99 and up.
- Our central, midwest location ensures fast delivery times.
- See below for transit day estimates. Please note, these are estimates and are not guaranteed.
Generally, package estimated transit days are as follows:
- Upper Midwest: 1-3 days
- Central US, South East US, and East Coast: 2-4 days
- West Central US: 3-5 days
- West Coast: 4-6 days
- Alaska & Hawaii: 7+ days