Strymon Zelzah Multidimensional Phaser Pedal
Step on Zelzah, play one chord and you're instantly taken back to a world of classic phaser tones as they were always meant to sound: perfectly voiced with tons of vibe. Vintage 4-stage and 6-stage phasing with controls that allow seamless transitions to vibrato, gorgeous flanging and chorus and new sounds never heard before, all instantly musical with great tone all the way across every dial.
- Two independent effects that can be configured and controlled separately and used one at a time or simultaneously in series, parallel or split configurations
- Vintage 4-stage phaser with three phaser sweep modes: Classic, Barber and Envelope
- Groundbreaking 6-stage phaser algorithm with a continuous range from classic pure 6-stage phasing to flanging to chorus, all with adjustable resonance
- True stereo operation means under the hood each half of the pedal has two phasers running side by side (two 4-stage and two 6-stage) or in series with independently adjustable stereo spread for each
- All controls carefully voiced to produce musically useful sounds at any setting
- Expression pedal input allows the connection of a TRS expression pedal, footswitch or TRS MIDI connection
- Full featured MIDI implementation via TRS or USB supporting MIDI CCs, MIDI clock sync, access to 300 preset locations
- USB jack for controlling via MIDI from a computer or for performing firmware updates
- High impedance ultra low-noise discrete Class A JFET TRS stereo input
- Adjustable input level switch to allow for both instrument and line level signals
- Low impedance independent TS stereo outputs
- Ultra low noise, high performance 24-bit 96kHz A/D and D/A converters provide uncompromising audio quality
- Selectable buffered or true bypass
Two effects at once
Zelzah is actually two different phasers side by side in one pedal. Zelzah's 4-stage side gives you a wide array of classic tones ranging from phasing to vibrato and more, while the 6-stage side provides phasing, flanging, chorus and all points in between. Dial in a chorus on one side and barber pole phaser on other, or a phaser on one side and tremolo on the other. Use the two sides independently or together in a variety of configurations. Zelzah may become the only modulation pedal you keep on your board.
Choose your 4-stage phaser sweep
- Classic sweep – This is the classic four stage phaser sweep we all know. In this Sweep mode, a single LFO with a warped triangle shape creates that familiar vintage sound.
- Barber sweep – In Zelzah an arrangement of synchronized 4-stage phasers produces the continuously rising or falling Barber effect while maintaining the 4-stage sound.
- Envelope phaser – The phaser responds to your picking like an envelope filter/auto-wah would, with the phaser sweep dynamically controlled by your input signal.
6-stage voice: groundbreaking phaser algorithm
The Voice knob on the 6-stage side simultaneously controls over 30 different parameters, all working in harmony for an inspiring musical experience. Explore a range of fresh musical tones that are not a mix of phasing and flanging but actually something entirely new. There are inspiring musical sounds at every point along the dial and many ways to make a sound that is truly yours.
What's better than one phaser? Two!
Zelzah gives you two fully independent, versatile phasers at the touch of a button. Use one at a time or use both in one of several possible routing configurations. With each phaser having a wide range of control over its tonal characteristics, the possibilities are near infinite with Zelzah.
Musical sounds at any settings
The Strymon team spent months working to perfect each aspect of Zelzah's sound design, making it so that any combination of settings would yield musically useful tones. Experiment to your heart's content knowing that organic, lush modulation awaits at every setting.
Zelzah contains modulation multitudes waiting to be discovered. Strymon's groundbreaking 6-stage phaser algorithm can take you from vibey vintage phasing to full-on flanging with the turn of a knob. Go even further and achieve iconic chorus tones, all with just one pedal. Zelzah's 4-Stage side is just as versatile, with everything from classic phasing to warbly vibrato available and even tones that border harmonic tremolo territory.
Zelzah features full stereo in and out capabilities. It can also receive mono input and still give you stereo output if you'd like to use it as the stereo origin point of your signal path. When using stereo outs, use the Stereo Spread live edit function to increase the stereo spread between your outputs to create a dimensional stereo image with life and movement. Being true stereo, Zelzah processes incoming stereo signals independently. Pair that with the ability to also process incoming stereo signals in split mode and Zelzah just may be the most flexible modulation pedal on your board.
Want even more control over Zelzah? Connect an expression pedal and enjoy a whole new level of instantaneous, continuous control. Set as many knobs as you like for the heel position and toe position of your expression pedal and all settings will simultaneously morph throughout the full range of the expression pedal. If you need more presets, connect a MultiSwitch Plus (sold separately) for three presets available at the press of a footswitch. With full MIDI implementation, you can also control just about every switch, knob, and setting remotely with by sending MIDI commands from your controller or DAW via Zelzah's EXP/MIDI jack or USB-C connection.
|Included from Manufacturer||Power supply|
|Effects||Vintage 4-stage phaser with three phaser sweep modes: Classic, Barber and Envelope
6-stage phaser algorithm with a continuous range from classic pure 6-stage phasing to flanging to chorus, all with adjustable resonance
|Patches / Programs||300 preset locations accessible via external footswitch or MIDI control|
|Audio Inputs||1/4" TS mono or TRS stereo input|
|Audio Outputs||Dual 1/4" stereo output|
|Pedal Switches||4-stage phaser on/bypass stomp swtich
6-stage phaser on/bypass stomp switch
|On-Board Expression Pedal||No|
|Control Connections||1/4" expression input for expression pedal, footswitch or TRS MIDI|
|Power Adaptor||Included 9VDC center negative power supply|
Strymon Non-Transferrable Limited Warranty
Strymon warranties its products and their varying components to be free from defects in material and workmanship for the following periods of time from the original date of purchase when purchased from an authorized Strymon dealer:
- 2 years – Compadre, Iridium, NightSky, Riverside, Sunset, Volante, Zelzah
- 1 year – BigSky, blueSky, Brigadier, Deco, DIG, El Capistan, Flint, Lex, Mobius, OB.1, Ola, Orbit, TimeLine
- 2 years – AA.1, Magneto, StarLab
- 5 years – Zuma, Zuma R300, Ojai, Ojai R30
- 1 year – Factory power supplies for pedals
- 2 years – Conduit
- 1 year – MiniSwitch, MultiSwitch Plus, original MultiSwitch, MIDI EXP Cables, DC Power Cables, EIAJ-05 Link Cables, 24V Power Adapter for Ojai/Ojai R30, Polarity Reversal Adapters, Voltage Doubler Adapters, Daisy-Chain Power Cables
If the product fails within the warranty period, Strymon will repair or, at its discretion, replace the product at no cost to the original purchaser.
This warranty covers defects in manufacturing discovered while using this product as recommended by Strymon. This warranty does not cover loss or theft, nor does the coverage extend to damage caused by misuse, abuse, unauthorized modification, improper storage, lightning, or natural disasters. Damage caused by any of the above circumstances may result in a non-warranty repair fee.
Products that were purchased from an unauthorized dealer are not covered under warranty. The warranty is non-transferrable and does not cover used or second-hand products.
Limits of liability
In the case of malfunction, the purchaser's sole recourse shall be repair or replacement, as described in the preceding paragraphs. Strymon will not be held liable to any party for damages that result from the failure of this product. Damages excluded include, but are not limited to, the following: lost profits, lost savings, damage to other equipment, and incidental or consequential damages arising from the use, or inability to use this product. In no event will Strymon be liable for more than the amount of the purchase price, not to exceed the current retail price of the product. Strymon disclaims any other warranties, express or implied. By using the product, the user accepts all terms herein.
How to obtain service under this warranty
Contact Strymon through its website for return authorization and information. Proof of original ownership may be required in the form of a purchase receipt.